OWTB.co.uk Update

Morning all,

Around two weeks ago OWTB announced that we would no longer be part of the Official Latics website, for an array of reasons detailed in our post at the time.

As part of this independence we're having to trial new systems for generating income to cover the costs of hosting and running OWTB. Some of these will be seamless trials which we continue, others will be seamless but cease for one reason or the other.

Unfortunately, however, some are problematic, it's the nature of testing them in a live environment (something we simply can't avoid, given our resources). All our efforts at the moment are focused on how to maximise the income these programmes generate whilst maintaining the performance and user experience our Members have come to expect from OWTB.

As always we welcome feedback and suggestions from the Users - we've already had both positive and negative comments about our decision to become independent and have taken those comments into consideration - so please feel free to post below or drop a PM to one of the team.

Cheers,

Ack

OWTB Team

OK I am not PC savy at all and can honestly say I don't know what you're on about nor seen any difference. Hope that helps! So I guess that means you're all doing a good job, hope you get your cash in.

A good example, Lags, would be the Bet365 'mid-thread' ad which is between yours and Ackey's posts. Some people might find them intrusive, others might not. If the majority feel they're to the detriment of the site, we'll obviously look at other avenues.

A good example, Lags, would be the Bet365 'mid-thread' ad which is between yours and Ackey's posts. Some people might find them intrusive, others might not. If the majority feel they're to the detriment of the site, we'll obviously look at other avenues.

Ah, that explains the white space! I'm using AdBlock and have been seeing a few white spaces, I thought it was either an ad or someone's post had been deleted.

Me neither, but there'll always be dissenters :wink:

FWIW, no problem with it myself either, would have no problem with a proper colour ad either, but would if it became more intrisive than that.

As long as it is not in your face.

In fact I thinkt here are other spaces you could utilise to for professional and releveant ads.

Might I ask what the associated costs are for the runnning and maintenance of owtb?

The board's code, Server, Chat Application, Domain Name, associated other bits and pieces. They're not inconsequential - that's for sure!

You can't see those ads when you're using the iPhone app.

Brief outage there folks, sorry about that.

The people who host the board took the money earlier than they should, when we didn't have the funds they placed the OWTB.co.uk account on hold/suspension.

Thankfully Steve J stepped up and paid the bill which we will pay him back for once we have the money in place. If you ever see him about buy him a pint!

On the plus side we were down for less than 15 minutes, which is a great response by anyone's standards!

Cheers,

Ack

OWTB Team