Paul Blacks dad

I think what people mean is:

Is it fact becasue you know him, by sight etc or fact because it stands to reason and logially it has to be him.

I believe that the Mr Black in The Sun was hanging around at Latics during the "pinch me" seasons of the early nineties, I seem to recall him sat on the bench next to Big Joe.

Edited by Loftyboy

"Someone," not, "women." Unless the exchange was made in the Georgian.

It's irrelevant how the money was appropriated; if it was done so dishonestly, it's theft. Dishonesty is defined on the basis of whether the reasonable man would have believed it to be dishonest and whether the person in question knew it was dishonest by those standards. Asserting that someone owes you money when they don't is dishonest and is therefore theft, if you take it.

It's irrelevant how the money was appropriated; if it was done so dishonestly, it's theft. Dishonesty is defined on the basis of whether the reasonable man would have believed it to be dishonest and whether the person in question knew it was dishonest by those standards. Asserting that someone owes you money when they don't is dishonest and is therefore theft, if you take it.

If you're the reasonable man, I'd hate to read an unreasonable man's thoughts on this. Typing long, incomprehensible sentences doesn't make you correct. You seem to be describing fraud (in probably the most bizarre way possible).

Theft is taking without the owner's consent. This is fraud.

The whole thing reminds me of those kool-aid drinking rapture folk who thought they were evaporating this weekend.

If you're the reasonable man, I'd hate to read an unreasonable man's thoughts on this. Typing long, incomprehensible sentences doesn't make you correct. You seem to be describing fraud (in probably the most bizarre way possible).

Theft is taking without the owner's consent. This is fraud.

The whole thing reminds me of those kool-aid drinking rapture folk who thought they were evaporating this weekend.

Well, thanks for putting me and my long, incomprehensible sentences right.

I can see why you might think it is fraud, and perhaps there's an argument that it is, but I'd suggest that the Theft Act and the cases of R v Hinks, R v Gomez and R v Lawrence point to theft.

And theft and taking without owner's consent are two separate crimes.

Mine's a Kool-Aid.

Well, thanks for putting me and my long, incomprehensible sentences right.

I can see why you might think it is fraud, and perhaps there's an argument that it is, but I'd suggest that the Theft Act and the cases of R v Hinks, R v Gomez and R v Lawrence point to theft.

And theft and taking without owner's consent are two separate crimes.

Mine's a Kool-Aid.

The Fraud Act (2006) points to fraud, specifically secton 2 "Fraud by false representation". http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/35/section/2

Your cases all pre-date the Fraud Act but:

R v Hinks - SHE withdrew the money, it wasn't given to her (despite her amusing defence).

R v Gomez - he basically nicked some things from a shop.

They may be theft but they're both quite different from this case. Even so they could be reasonably argued as fraud under the new act - obtaining property by deception.

R v Lawrence - only reference I can find is a driving offence!

Its obviously a grey area. Fraud used to be considered under the Theft Act but was distinct (Section 15). http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/60/crossheading/fraud-and-blackmail#commentary-c1854191

BTW I was comparing the footballer, not you, to the kool-aid drinkers.

Edited by bossrocks