Jean-Yves Mvoto

I can see your arguement in that M'voto is more important than Morais to build a team around , however I dont think we will get someone as skillfull and with as much flair as Morais for a while without spending big so I would try and push now to get him.

How about using playershare for one of them ? Or does it have to be Dickov that asks for this rather than the trust?

I think dickov has to ask for the funds first.

I can see your arguement in that M'voto is more important than Morais to build a team around , however I dont think we will get someone as skillfull and with as much flair as Morais for a while without spending big so I would try and push now to get him.

How about using playershare for one of them ? Or does it have to be Dickov that asks for this rather than the trust?

Couple of things here that I think needed to be pointed out as I understand them, anyone currently sitting on the PlayerShare commitee please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

1) Although playershare is indeed a trust oldham administered scheme, Dickov will ask the playershare commitee for the funds, and they will make a decision based on whats in the bank. Not all of the commitee are trust members, and Barry does not have the power to veto the vote if the commitee votes against the allocation of playershare funds, and vice versa.

2) Playershare is not currently in a position to pay the wages of either one of these players in full. And one thing that the commitee will not do is commit to providing the manager with funds that they do not have.

Do Latics tout to local business? I.e. pay for this player for 12 months and we will advertise you and let you sponser us etc

I know if I was a businessman I would love to pay for M'votos wages for a while to keep him at Latics

Do Latics tout to local business? I.e. pay for this player for 12 months and we will advertise you and let you sponser us etc

I know if I was a businessman I would love to pay for M'votos wages for a while to keep him at Latics

As the old saying goes, 'if you dont ask you dont get'.

£2000 a week (say) is a lot of profits to donate .

I reckon Morais is a bit of a luxury .........Good skill but no end product and inconsistent. If I had to pick from the two it would be Mvoto every time!

Agreed

I think MVoto will be missed alot more than morais would if it was a choice of one or the other.

Wouldn't mind Mvoto signing but I really want Morais to sign. If Mvoto doesn't sign we should get Trotman in, I think he's a better defender. But Mvoto isn't one for pace, but very good in the air.

Now obviously as we know; football is a game of differing opinions – but it appears mine & yours a way different on this.

The Neal Trotman that we sold to PNE would without a shadow of doubt add to the quality of our side for next season. Unfortunately, the Neal Trotman of today really wouldn’t IMO. His showings when he played for us after arriving back on loan were pretty bad all told, he was unfit; overweight, lacked pace of the mark / on the turn, and for a lad who used to win the majority of headers he went for and would ‘head the kitchen sink’ if it was thrown his way; he lost far too many headed battles with strikers who he was up against.

I saw him play for the reserves Vs a really young Wrexham side; and TBH – if you’d seen him in that game; i doubt very much you’d be speaking up about us signing him up.

I’m not too sure what it is; injuries / lack of games or just that he peaked & hit a purple patch – but the player of today is a poor excuse of the player who left us i’m afraid. There are far better options out there in the free transfer market – I would be very disappointed actually if we as a club brought NT back as a full time signing this summer. We can do & should be looking to do far better than signing him. Its a massive shame; it really is – but the £500K we got from PNE now looks like the best bit of business the club has done in a good while.

not if you make it back in sales and profits

And do you honestly think that sponaoring a player at Latics will generate more than £2000 per week in profits ( possibly £3000 or more in sales)! What market is going to respond in that measure to thre exposure of a company sponsoring a player in Oldham??

A fine prompt to get people to support three initiatives:

1) Join Playershare - please!

2) Get involved in the race night.

3) Do all your online shopping via the PlayerShare WebShop.

Like opinions has so sweetly put....."all the above".

I don't have current figures, not until our next planned meeting but at the end of March their were aprox 54 fans regularly contributing to the account for PD. (this did not include the three £100.00's) This brought in a regularly funding of £534.00 pm

Our 1st target is to get it too £1000.00 pm, however can you see M'voto on £1000.00 pm? disappointed.gif

I don't think so, this would also wipe out the funds and that would be a massive decision to make just on one player alone.....so, if you can and you want to see the goods on the pitch then chuck whatever you can into the player share scheme

Thanks everyone

Just set up £40.00 a month for my dad (Nick) ... every little helps.

Thank you so much Hallam and your Dad too, can I ask for some feedback.

As a contributor/or your Dad even, would he prefere a bit of piece of mind/acknowledgement that his payment has been gratefully received .

Something like a text/email/monthly news letter that your monthly contribution is xxx and the total of funds this month is...xxxx?

thanks

just look at how much we missed M'voto when he left us. didnt the bad run start from there ?

But the run was about us not scoring rather than letting shedloads (or many at all for that matter) of goals in.

It had more to do with teams backing off Tounkara and playing deeper, than a centre back. Hence why Tounkara went :censored: also. The problem was Dickov never adjusted his tactics. If he doesn't next year we'll be down by Christmas, as the other teams certainly learnt how to play against his team.