Scholes Exclusive

Official

Apparently offered the chance to play in a pre-season match, but is away on holiday. I wonder if we can use the playershare money to get him some new legs.

there are a few articles floating about about scholes at the moment....

he knows his own body better than anyone,if he says he is past it thats it....but given the fact we play in league 1,which is not as up tempo as the greedy league,i reckon his body would take a season in this league...if i was the owner,id be ringing his phone off the hook once he returns from holiday....saying come on paul,you know you want to...one more season,even just home games would do..how about it kid....but it says no contact has been made,so guess that states its own story

Official

Apparently offered the chance to play in a pre-season match, but is away on holiday. I wonder if we can use the playershare money to get him some new legs.

You would think there would be some date wecould arrange for him to turn out for us, maybe against a UTD XI, surely it would be an almost full ground and make us some decent money to put into the squad.

You would think there would be some date wecould arrange for him to turn out for us, maybe against a UTD XI, surely it would be an almost full ground and make us some decent money to put into the squad.

I would suspect thats the main reason for inviting him to play.

there are a few articles floating about about scholes at the moment....

he knows his own body better than anyone,if he says he is past it thats it....but given the fact we play in league 1,which is not as up tempo as the greedy league,i reckon his body would take a season in this league...if i was the owner,id be ringing his phone off the hook once he returns from holiday....saying come on paul,you know you want to...one more season,even just home games would do..how about it kid....but it says no contact has been made,so guess that states its own story

Perhaps if we had approached him before he announced his retirement, or even last season, he may have joined us. Maybe all it needed was for us to ask him. It wasn't really up to him to ring SC and say I'll do you a favour and come and play for you.

He will in fact be playing for an Oldham club.......

3rd Spetember he will be playing for Chadderton Park veterans team against Waterloo road staff at Chadderton fold. Thats as close as he is gonna get for playing for Oldham.

Dont worry though, i will be begging him whilst were getting ready for the game to kickoff :wink:

He will in fact be playing for an Oldham club.......

3rd Spetember he will be playing for Chadderton Park veterans team against Waterloo road staff at Chadderton fold. Thats as close as he is gonna get for playing for Oldham.

Dont worry though, i will be begging him whilst were getting ready for the game to kickoff :wink:

Just smoother and kidnap him with your wings, and threaten to kick him with your boots. Sorted!

Offer him a contract to just play for us in a home JPT game when we draw Morecambe again that 1100 crowd will become 10,000 he can play for second half. Score the winning penalty which puts into the next round and get the buzz to go on thr glory trail for one last time.

Perhaps if we had approached him before he announced his retirement, or even last season, he may have joined us. Maybe all it needed was for us to ask him. It wasn't really up to him to ring SC and say I'll do you a favour and come and play for you.

i am not suggesting for one moment it was upto paul to ring the club.i just cant believe the current owners of the club never even considered ringing him up to enquire,the amount of times its been mooted on here over what 2 or 3 years,surely they must know how much it would mean to the club....very naive in my opinion....