Boundary Park 1979/1981

At the time MOTD was on BBC2 which not many people had ( had to have a special tv set) and I remember going round to watch at a neighbours. A 3 0 victory that kept us up.

It was when you could swap ends so the Rochdale Rd end was much fuller in the 2nd half.

And what a great strip....

At the time MOTD was on BBC2 which not many people had ( had to have a special tv set) and I remember going round to watch at a neighbours. A 3 0 victory that kept us up.

It was when you could swap ends so the Rochdale Rd end was much fuller in the 2nd half.

And what a great strip....

The whole programme lasted about 30 mins.

Kenneth Wolstenholme commentating, Ron Atkinson & brother playing for Oxford, no replays and a interview with Jimmy McIlroy who looks like he had never been in front of a TV camera - those where the days

I'm sure I've seen some from pre-1914.

fences where deffo up prior to the Sheff Weds riot as i can clearly remember trading punches through it with a yorkshire cock who spat at me at the corner by the broadway/ chaddy

Fond memories for me, The uncovered R.R.E must of been hell for the away fans when it p*ssed down. Always remember that Large Famous Grouse whisky sign to the Left of the R.R.E when looking from the chaddy that was all standing then.

The fences were up before the Wednesday riot game as I was there and it's a good job they were, If I can recall Simon Stainrod (a former Blade)fell to the floor clutching his face and got one of their players sent off, then all hell broke loose.

A girl close to the fence by the mainstand got hit by half a house brick and her bloke incensed climbed up onto the top of the fence and started beating down on some of those yorkies

It wasn't always that bad but other Green st moments did occur on Sheepfoot lane from time to time, Police horse charges put paid to most of those :grin:

Edited by OLDHAMADE

fences where deffo up prior to the Sheff Weds riot as i can clearly remember trading punches through it with a yorkshire cock who spat at me at the corner by the broadway/ chaddy

i work with a load of wednesday fans who can clearly remember the riot game. Just about got memories of it as i was only 10 at the time

i work with a load of wednesday fans who can clearly remember the riot game. Just about got memories of it as i was only 10 at the time

I was with my Dad in the Ford Stand paddock nearest the Chaddy - chaos - went across the pitch and up the tunnel - passed Big Jack crying his eyes out at the top of the tunnel - that game and the City match in 83 or 84 were bad - was lucky enough to miss the notorious Bolton match at home in 76? Some things have changed for the better!!

I think the City/United match on the same day was postponed and it all kicked off in the Chaddy with Oldham, City, Utd & Bolton all in there - might have the wrong year though - I missed the match so what I've been told over the years may (hopefully) have been exaggerated - glad those days are gone even if the atmosphere is not as good - we ran the gauntlet up Sheepfoot Lane or along Furtherwood Road many, many times to speed away in my Dad's Morris 1000!!