Signing today?

Looking at when the club announces signings, i donlt think there will be any announcments.

I guess that partly relates to paperwork after a trial.

Morais Thu 16th Jun

Winchster Weds 29th Jun (already contracted so simpler paperwork maybe?

M'voto Thu 30th Jun

Diamond Thu 14th Jul

So most signings are Thursday I think

Edited by singe

Lookinginat when the club announces signings, i donlt think there will be any announcments.

Morais Thu 16th Jun

Winchster Weds 29th Jun (already contracted so simpler paperwork maybe?)

M'voto Thu 30th Jun

Diamond Thu 14th Jul

We have also had Friday, Monday and Tuesday

James Tarkowski - friday 27th May

Matt Smith Monday 23rd May

Paul Black Tuesday 28th June

Just Saturday and Sunday now

Edited by NIKI1234

So all signings are in mid week and between 14th-30th, with most being towards the end of the month. This clearly means we should sign someone today or next week, but not the week after as that will be early August and we don't sign pre 14th. Does this mean staff only work for 2 weeks a month. Is this the real reason wages wer paid late? It's all making sense. Now i understand why we only have half a squad - because we only work in the second half of the month! :shock:

I knew there had to be a reason for the most frustrating pre season, and the weakest squad, since M***e shafted us.

I knew there had to be a reason for the most frustrating pre season, and the weakest squad, since M***e shafted us.

Coming off the back of two pretty good results against premiership teams with by all accounts fielding a impressive team on both occasions....... Frustrating pre season???

I know there hasnt been any blockbuster token signings as of yet! But after previous management and there should I say rushed approach to signing players that make no impact at all or sit on the bench / physio table the season long and find themselves playing none league football or league 2 with for a non challenging team.

I would take PDs approach all day long, least he is making a full and well thought-out decision on the trialists before we commit to paying them a wage (Which we struggled at times to do last season) for 1-2 years

Keep it up Paul!

Big good test tomorrow!

Blackpool have been getting some rave reviews this pre-season.

Coming off the back of two pretty good results against premiership teams with by all accounts fielding a impressive team on both occasions....... Frustrating pre season???

I know there hasnt been any blockbuster token signings as of yet! But after previous management and there should I say rushed approach to signing players that make no impact at all or sit on the bench / physio table the season long and find themselves playing none league football or league 2 with for a non challenging team.

I would take PDs approach all day long, least he is making a full and well thought-out decision on the trialists before we commit to paying them a wage (Which we struggled at times to do last season) for 1-2 years

Keep it up Paul!

Big good test tomorrow!

Blackpool have been getting some rave reviews this pre-season.

Review of Blackpool

against Rangers in mid week thay where :censored:! as where Rangers

Perhaps the four people (All be it Rangers fans) who went to the game informed me incorrectly?

I was told they looked good , pleanty of vision (even with out Adams) and played the game at quite a pace considering its early in Pre-season............... They could of got it wrong but................. Tomorrow will tell!

Perhaps the four people (All be it Rangers fans) who went to the game informed me incorrectly?

I was told they looked good , pleanty of vision (even with out Adams) and played the game at quite a pace considering its early in Pre-season............... They could of got it wrong but................. Tomorrow will tell!

they where poor looked like they missed last seasons midfield (only a friendly though) and the vision they talk about came from a certain Mr Neal Eardley who was playing centre Midfield

they could probably beat most of the scottish prem - that doesnt mean alot though does it?

although they are signing Barry Ferguson as he wants a move to be nearer his familly in glasgow (read that today) :lol:

Edited by palmer1

Lookinginat when the club announces signings, i donlt think there will be any announcments.

Morais Thu 16th Jun

M'voto Thu 30th Jun

Diamond Thu 14th Jul

Blimey!

Look at what the club is doing to it's fans. They're so desperate that they are becoming superstitious.

Blimey!

Look at what the club is doing to it's fans. They're so desperate that they are becoming superstitious.

They can sign any day of the week as long as it is not a Lunday as far as I am concerned

BTW it was not that they cannot sign today, just the chances that it would happen. IE F5 day or not.

We've got plenty of time yet.

Edited by singe

They can sign any day of the week as long as it is not a Lunday as far as I am concerned

BTW it was not that they cannot sign today, just the chances that it would happen. IE F5 day or not.

We've got plenty of time yet.

I'm not sure why you think any specific weekday is any more likely than another for a signing

With the Blackpool and Burnley games coming up I see nothing happening before those are concluded.

I cant see the marquee signing coming through, not on a permanant basis anyway, a trialist and a loanee or two should complete our squad.

Midfield worries me. The best performances came when we had lewi and Jones out wide and obviuosly Stephens has gone. I like Morais but we don't have the stability we did 1st half of last season. Furman needs a partner sharpish!

I'm not sure why you think any specific weekday is any more likely than another for a signing

There was a Ph D thesis written in 1997 by David Garlick , a student at Reading University. He looked at transfer movements of Football League clubs in the years 1993 and 1994, and also a longer term historic perspective for the years 1974- 79. Some fascinating stuff.

Here are some of the key points:

Busiest day of the week in both periods was Thursday (54% of transfers). Friday was second (25%).

Free transfers peaked , in the earlier period, on Thursdays but on Fridays in the later one.

Fees of over £100000 were generally on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

Transfers between clubs in the same division were more frequent in the earlier part of the week.

Fascinating stuff.

But none of it true. It's a Friday, this is the internet, so why not make things up? :grin:

a trialist and a loanee or two should complete our squad.

We need about 4 or 5 good quality players right now. Our team (minus one CM) is reasonable, but our squad is very weak. With two weeks til kick off I am a little concerned that we are not going to have the necessary strength in reserve to have a good season.

I am hoping that PD isn't going to be content with merely getting a couple of players in. If I can be sure of that I am more than happy to wait for the signings, even if they come in during mid to late August.

Looking at when the club announces signings, i donlt think there will be any announcments.

Morais Thu 16th Jun

Winchster Weds 29th Jun (already contracted so simpler paperwork maybe?

M'voto Thu 30th Jun

Diamond Thu 14th Jul

Morais Thu 16th Jun

M'voto Thu 30th Jun

Diamond Thu 14th Jul

Lund Thu 29th Jul

Edit What I mean is most signings that are not already at the club are annouced on a Thursday.

Lets add Matthew Lund from Stoke. :wink: