The Price Of Football

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14367610.stm

North West Clubs is interesting to note, too... not exactly an easy area to be a team:

• Manchester United
  • Manchester City
  • Liverpool
  • Everton
  • Bolton
  • Wigan
  • Blackpool
  • Burnley
  • Preston
  • Oldham
  • Rochdale
  • Tranmere
  • Accrington Stanley
  • Macclesfield
  • Morecambe

Interesting article to read. Noticed that list on the beeb. Wouldn't be happy if I was a Bury fan! :wink:

Just for a bit of comparison, average ticket prices for the Bundesliga are about £20. So you can watch teams like Dortmund, Hamburg, Bremen etc for roughly the same price as Oldham, Leyton Orient and Yeovil. Madness.

To be fair when I watch Oldham I don't need to pay for flights or hotel accmodation, but that is because of how German clubs are run. Most have a huge fan presence on the board some are owned fully by the fans, and it is this that keeps the prices down. Also in terms of English football the PL makes it impossible for us to run with cheaper tickets, in order for teams to compete up thier they need expensive tickets. This filters down creating the massive discrepincies between us and the rest of Europe.

It also well noting in FourFourTwo this month they have a league table of how much fans pay per goal; Stanley are the cheapest at £5.37, Sprus most expensive at £47.17 and we're midtable at £13.76

To be fair when I watch Oldham I don't need to pay for flights or hotel accmodation, but that is because of how German clubs are run. Most have a huge fan presence on the board some are owned fully by the fans, and it is this that keeps the prices down. Also in terms of English football the PL makes it impossible for us to run with cheaper tickets, in order for teams to compete up thier they need expensive tickets. This filters down creating the massive discrepincies between us and the rest of Europe.

It also well noting in FourFourTwo this month they have a league table of how much fans pay per goal; Stanley are the cheapest at £5.37, Sprus most expensive at £47.17 and we're midtable at £13.76

But do they have how much each fan pays for Filipe Morais style showboating?

so it's £21.10 for a category C game with a programme, pie and cup of tea. add the difference of nine pounds to make it a category A game and thats just over £30, maybe the club should do a deal for category a or b games where you can get all these for £25 included in the ticket?