Buckets on Saturday?

Does anyone know if the club have arranged any announcement on Saturday for the brave (barmy) souls doing the walk from Sheffield?

My suggestion would be to get an introduction to an appreciating crowd telling everyone what they have done and for them to walk (SORRY, i know) around the pitch with buckets to get everyone to swell the coffers while you take your deserved applause?

You never know a few tight Yorkshiremen might chuck in a little aswell in the name of Football?

If nowt has been sorted I will e mail the club?

:lanky:

Thanks Lancy a good idea

Its Latics Lee who is the big Chief on this. I will contact him to see if they want to put the bucket on my cold lifeless body on the stretcher and roll me around the ground.....it may get a few more pennies too

I am still going to die aren't I :disappointed:

Don't forget, one lad has chosen Factor 50 to raise funds for, it's not just playershare.

Thanks Lancy a good idea

Its Latics Lee who is the big Chief on this. I will contact him to see if they want to put the bucket on my cold lifeless body on the stretcher and roll me around the ground.....it may get a few more pennies too

I am still going to die aren't I :disappointed:

Don't forget, one lad has chosen Factor 50 to raise funds for, it's not just playershare.

Fair play, Factor 50 is a great charity aswell but we need the cash.

Just thought it worth a shout and we could prob get another few hundred quid for Playershare (dont forget that probably 25% of the old fogies in our crowd will have never even heard of playershare or even the internet for that matter and wont have been abled to sponsor you)............ and you guys get to milk the glory you deserve.

Lee?

Fair play, Factor 50 is a great charity aswell but we need the cash.

Just thought it worth a shout and we could prob get another few hundred quid for Playershare (dont forget that probably 25% of the old fogies in our crowd will have never even heard of playershare or even the internet for that matter and wont have been abled to sponsor you)............ and you guys get to milk the glory you deserve.

Lee?

Lee is Laticslee on here or also know as drummer boy,

Yes it is a good idea and yes they can use my dead, cold lifeless body accordingly - well, I may even be more effect standing in the penalty box than Mr shirt tugging Feeney

TBA ans thanks for the suggestions

Does anyone know if the club have arranged any announcement on Saturday for the brave (barmy) souls doing the walk from Sheffield?

My suggestion would be to get an introduction to an appreciating crowd telling everyone what they have done and for them to walk (SORRY, i know) around the pitch with buckets to get everyone to swell the coffers while you take your deserved applause?

You never know a few tight Yorkshiremen might chuck in a little aswell in the name of Football?If nowt has been sorted I will e mail the club?

:lanky:

Not a chance... Why should they? Fair play tho those that have walked but if another clubs fans asked me to contribute funds to make them a better team I'd tell them to do one....

It's just for Oldham fans who want to contribute a little to make us a bit better, not saving a club or a worthwhile charity.

Hats off to those that have walked but to ask other clubs to pay an extra players wages is ridiculous

Edited by longtimeblue

Not a chance... Why should they? Fair play tho those that have walked but if another clubs fans asked me to contribute funds to make them a better team I'd tell them to do one....

It's just for Oldham fans who want to contribute a little to make us a bit better, not saving a club or a worthwhile charity.

Hats off to those that have walked but to ask other clubs to pay an extra players wages is ridiculous

Did I say they should or did I say they might, hmmmmm?

Does anyone know how much we have raised for the walk from online donations?

Right I have done what I can for you guys in the hope of getting you the recognition you deserve and raising awareness of Playershare. I am a regular contributor who recently took on a commitment of getting new members and have 3 new contributors to which I will be giving Lags and those concerned the details of over the next couple of weeks. I will also stick a few quid in the bucket if this comes off. I have sent the following e mail to AH and wish you lot all the very best........ Keep the Faith and thanks for what you are doing!!!

Hi Alan,

I am just wondering if it possible that the club could do something to help raise funds for Playershare at Saturday's game against Sheffield United.

There are 14 (I think) very brave or barmy walkers walking from Bramhall Lane, Sheffield to Boundary Park to raise funds for Paul Dickov to hopefully use towards strenghtening the team (this is almost 40 miles).

I cannot make the walk myself and even if I could, dont think I would want to endure such a walk for anything.

Anyway I had an idea that if they were to get an introduction to the crowd at half time or before the game starts, and they could possibly come around the ground with some buckets, this may raise further funds on top of any other internet based funds they raise themselves.

I am sure there are plenty of supporters who would like to contribute and this will also raise awareness of Playershare as I am sure you know there are a lot of people still unaware of this scheme and to my knowledge we have less than 100 regular contibutors.

Like I said this can only be a good thing for Playershare and Oldham Athletic, at little or no cost to the club and will also allow these dedicated supporters to take a well deserved applause for their hard work and dedication, while raising the profile and earning Playershare some extra money.

Kind Regards

Mike

Edited by lancy lad

Right I have done what I can for you guys in the hope of getting you the recognition you deserve and raising awareness of Playershare. I am a regular contributor who recently took on a commitment of getting new members and have 3 new contributors to which I will be giving Lags and those concerned the details of over the next couple of weeks. I will also stick a few quid in the bucket if this comes off. I have sent the following e mail to AH and wish you lot all the very best........ Keep the Faith and thanks for what you are doing!!!

Hi Alan,

I am just wondering if it possible that the club could do something to help raise funds for Playershare at Saturday's game against Sheffield United.

There are 14 (I think) very brave or barmy walkers walking from Bramhall Lane, Sheffield to Boundary Park to raise funds for Paul Dickov to hopefully use towards strenghtening the team (this is almost 40 miles).

I cannot make the walk myself and even if I could, dont think I would want to endure such a walk for anything.

Anyway I had an idea that if they were to get an introduction to the crowd at half time or before the game starts, and they could possibly come around the ground with some buckets, this may raise further funds on top of any other internet based funds they raise themselves.

I am sure there are plenty of supporters who would like to contribute and this will also raise awareness of Playershare as I am sure you know there are a lot of people still unaware of this scheme and to my knowledge we have less than 100 regular contibutors.

Like I said this can only be a good thing for Playershare and Oldham Athletic, at little or no cost to the club and will also allow these dedicated supporters to take a well deserved applause for their hard work and dedication, while raising the profile and earning Playershare some extra money.

Kind Regards

Mike

Thank you mate. much appriciated. keep us updated to what he says. i have just sorted a few more things out too.

i'm still going to die.....yet

i will be swinging a bucket outta my cold dead hand now for added effect....

TBH, I don't think I could manage a walk around the pitch, just throw me own the stairs and roll me around like a beer barrel

We best bloody win too.....

Thanks Mike for throwing Mr H the email

i'm still going to die.....yet

i will be swinging a bucket outta my cold dead hand now for added effect....

TBH, I don't think I could manage a walk around the pitch, just throw me own the stairs and roll me around like a beer barrel

We best bloody win too.....

Thanks Mike for throwing Mr H the email

I Just bought a case of redbull so id be fine! ..... my toliet wont when i get home though !

Wardle has told me tonight that no-one loves us and we do not seem to have had one incy wincy donation to the playershare website

:disappointed:

Yeah we have generated zilch from the online sponsorship. So the bucket collection is a must if we want to raise as much as possible.

Wardle has told me tonight that no-one loves us and we do not seem to have had one incy wincy donation to the playershare website

Thats why you need the exposure, loads wont know anything about it. Buckets it is for you lot, sorry I know you dont want to walk anymore but its gotta happen, ha ha. :lol:

That might be down to PayPal being a pain in the arse to set up. I've made a donation tonight (not as much as i would have liked but i've got £80 to last till the end of the month). Just to remind people the email you need to put in is

playershare@laticsplayershare.co.uk

Right, got a reply and unfortunateley its a no, I can understand as there is another collection. You all need to hammer this home on here and with everyone you know and get people to contribite today or tomorrow online, Im off to wrks so will donate later on. This was the reply.........

Hi Mike

Thanks for your email.

I have already arranged with Lee for the walkers to have their photo taken inside the stadium when they arrive.

We already have a bucket collection booked in for Saturdays game, it is the Centre of Excellence who will be taking a collection at the game so I don’t think it appropriate to allow another when this has been arranged for a few weeks.

Trust you understand.

Alan

Alan Hardy

Chief Executive

Oldham Athletic AFC

Guys I am not set up for paypal and want to donate a fiver, sorry I know its not much but I am a bit skint at present and will also look to increase my subscriptions to Playershare very soon.

Does any of you walkers sit in Mainstand paddock(Rocky rd side) and then I can give it you on Saturday?

Failing that I can send a cheque in???

Edited by lancy lad