not read the whole thread...........but if you don't create chances you don't score goals...

yes it would be nice to see a goal from an individual who makes it for themselves, but these aren't all that common at our level.

Winchester isn't a winger....i like him - huge potential, but never a winger. He drifts inside, if Leee pushes too far forwards - we're massivly exposed....thats one side of the pitch we're not scoring a goal from. The other side of the pitch....well for me, taylor yet again didn't deliver. He gets you off your seat, he runs forwards but instead of laying it to black or crossing it (with his left :( ) foot - he cuts in and either slices a shot or runs into two players and the balls gone.

Now that covers a large part of the pitch where we're not creating chances - add that to two midfielders who can't seem to push forward - doesn't matter who you have up the top end to score goals. If all you get is a hoof up to you and nobody to lay it off to as your back is to goal - your in trouble.

All this means whenever we do get a chance - if its missed (see tounkare last year) the crowd is straight on the players back because we know it could well be the only chance......perhaps also causing players to snatch knowing its now or never!!

I only played sunday league....and in the couple of years i played for "poorer" sides up front....there were large periods of time i felt how reid looked on saturday. Every strker wants to score goals, and the longer you go without the opportunities, the more peeved you get - and when its you thats dragged off...its hard not to think how could i have done anymore!!

been thinking this since the match exactly. and on radio manc afterwards, jimmy wagg who was there said there was only one time in the game where the home fans genuinely got excited about a chance.

we've got taylor and morais on the wing who are both exciting players, but they both want to go and take someone on and score a great goal. it might get a round of applause but sometimes theres a chance to cross to the strikers like reid who gets in the box but theyve missed the chance to find him in there.

dickov needs to find a system that will let them show off and go themselves which they can and will do well for us but at the same time just put it into the box. when he gets that right, we'll score more goals

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must of not been watching last season then. We put in a number of balls into the box only for no-one to be on the end of it due to being in the wrong place.

I personally thought that we put a lot of balls into the box last year - the majority of them just poor..often sailing into the keepers hands or not beating the first man. We all see games different

I just get annoyed when i watch highlights of other games and teams score on the break....when was the last time you saw us break forward at any pace? By the time we get in the final 3rd, teams have had ample time to get back in position and rebuild the walls. There is no urgency to get forward and we're FAR too prefictable

I personally thought that we put a lot of balls into the box last year - the majority of them just poor..often sailing into the keepers hands or not beating the first man. We all see games different

I just get annoyed when i watch highlights of other games and teams score on the break....when was the last time you saw us break forward at any pace? By the time we get in the final 3rd, teams have had ample time to get back in position and rebuild the walls. There is no urgency to get forward and we're FAR too prefictable

I agree. I still have a feeling Reid could turn out to be quite useful. As a striker you're more reliant than anybody else on decent service and he's not had a lot. I still think he might come good for us. Having said that, smith's flick ons and parker's pace might be more dangerous. For the moment I'd give Reid a bit more time though.

Yep, some people going way over the top wth the abuse he is getting. Was all over the pitch last night, out wide putting in crosses, tracking back and closing down. Mom for me. Screaming for parker to come on when the midfield arent in the game wont solve anything. We lost our shape and organisation 2nd half and carlisle gave us the runaround