Tonight's match

A bit of maths applied by the club?

match price = game costs divided by expected number of attendees.

Result = Category 'A' price but factor in the likelihood that a category 'A' price would impact the divisor, it was downgraded to a category 'B'.

I would also assume the club have assumed a minimum number would attend whatever price category was applied - hence not a category 'C'to maximise the revenue.

I think mattsgrandad has got it

Or, £17 to watch us put in a convincing performance and win the game? I'll have that.

Depends which way you look at things doesn't it?

That's the way i'm looking at it. Beats taking the kids to gymnastics and / or getting dragged shopping instead, and I genuinely fancy us for a convincing 3 v 0 home win tonight with Morais leading Carisle a merry dance :grin:

The problem is that the league game against carlise is a 'cat b' if we dont make the cup game a cat b it looks like we devalue the cup and the players will see that

Arsenal is £10 lower tier all cup games even semi-final and £20 upper tier, i.e cheaper that Oldham :unsure:

Well when 60 thousand turn up to watch us week in week out im sure the board will look at doing something similar, until then though £17 quid :blink:

Edited by palmer1

The problem is that the league game against carlise is a 'cat b' if we dont make the cup game a cat b it looks like we devalue the cup and the players will see that

Arsenal is £10 lower tier all cup games even semi-final and £20 upper tier, i.e cheaper that Oldham :unsure:

Kind of offset by their £1,000 season tickets though.....

Just called them they say you CAN NOT use the bring a friend for a fiver. She said they will be announcing what game you can use the ticket at half time tonight.

Why don't they just put it in the terms and conditions to avoid confusion instead of making it up as they go along.

derp300.jpg

It does. I'm just a bit of a pessimist at the moment.....

I'm actually looking forward to the chance to look at us against a similar side. I mean; we've had great results against Blackburn, Wigan, Blackpool & Burnley; but they were pre-season so it matters not a jot does it?

Saturday was a tough test; even though Utd have lost some of there key players; they still had a squad that contained more than enough Championship quality.

Tonight will give us more of an insight as to where we're at; and I'll be a very interested watcher.......

Tbh I'm surprised it's taken until the day of the game for fans to moan about the price. We don't come when it's reduced so why should the club bother?

Get the money in and help the club. You'll all pay £18 to get in when we get Liverpool in the next round, the money will be easily found.

I could afford it, but £18 is a rip of - I'd rather not pay £18 when I'd feel ripped off. If we get Liverpool and it was £40 I could afford that as a 1 off, but again I wouldn't go cos it'd be a rip off.

Just called them they say you CAN NOT use the bring a friend for a fiver. She said they will be announcing what game you can use the ticket at half time tonight.

Why don't they just put it in the terms and conditions to avoid confusion instead of making it up as they go along.

The club did say that they would announce which games the voucher was redeemable for.

I saw the statement in some of the ST information earlier in the summer .

Beat the club up though.

The question is WHY NOT? an early match that MIGHT encourage someone to return. Here is a good idea make it the last match of the season. duh!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on latics second rate planning.

If you're referring to the Carlisle game, I assume it's got something to do with shared gate proceeds. So Carlisle might not be too impressed with us letting people in for a fiver.

Given that the home sides of BP are not going to sell out this season, I think they should allow the voucher to be used for all league games.

Take your point but basic maths say half of an extra fiver is better than £0.

It is.

But the scheme is intended to encourage season ticket holders to find a mate who wouldn't normally come to the match and drag them along on the cheap. In reality many probably get used by regulars who don't have a season ticket, but that's simply a side effect of such a scheme.

If the voucher was valid tonight, instead of handing over my £18 in notes and coins I'd simply hand over the voucher with a fiver and the gate receipts would be £13 lower ... and now new fan would have been introduced to the joys of Boundary Park on a Tuesday night.

So £17/£18 is better than a fiver.

i would rather beable to use the discount voucher on a big game not the first round of a cup........................................................ DERP

Moan about oafc not having cash to buy players, Moan when they put pricess up to make money and get better players, Moan when its closed down, then blame the owners for not doing anything to stop it hahaha MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAN YOU FREAKS.......

Edited by qwerty

they wont do that...they will use it on a 5hit game

we shall see :) unlike everyone on here i dont have a crystal ball, everyone needs to relax and go with the flow and get there hands in there pockets.. and stop being massive minges