England 1 - 0 Wales

I tuned in at the end of the first half last night in the hope of seeing England without either Gerrard or Lampard - but Lampard was playing, and missing a regulation chance from 15 yards.

Then I watched the second half, and realised why I hadn't bothered to watch the first. What is wrong with us?

Nice to see Earnshaw miss that sitter though - just about compensated for the rest of the dirge.

Comparing last night's team with Friday's.....I felt the changes made in bringing in Milner, Lamphead and Downing just slowed our game down....all the slick, one touch passing we had in the Bulgaria game was lost. Lamphead, in nearly every instance, passed the ball backwards or close to sideways. Milner wanted 2 or 3 touches and allowed himself to be pressured. Downing, apart from once getting to the touchline, just kept crossing from all angles to a Rooney marked by a couple of big defenders and didn't show anything the kind of combination with Smalling that was there with Walcott.

I tuned in at the end of the first half last night in the hope of seeing England without either Gerrard or Lampard - but Lampard was playing, and missing a regulation chance from 15 yards.

Then I watched the second half, and realised why I hadn't bothered to watch the first. What is wrong with us?

Nice to see Earnshaw miss that sitter though - just about compensated for the rest of the dirge.

I actually forgot "we" were playing, changed channels to see what was on; saw the game was on and started watching from 30mins into the 1st half. I stopped watching at HT.

saw the goal and have seen the earnshaw miss on SSN this morning.

TBH, I actually couldn’t really give a sh1t about the national side these days. I feel so disaffected & distanced from the side - with players paid upwards of £150K a week to kick a ball about, there billy big balls attitudes and their celebrity lifestyles. To them it's just another game, the passion has gone IMO, and I really am not too fussed either way what they do from now on.

It wasn't too long ago when I used to be very a vocal & passionate England follower; those days are gone for me.

the 15mins I watched last night can be summed up with a simple - meh.

I mistakingly watched my 'beloved countrys fine football team' for the first time in ages last night - by half time the tv was turned over. £80-150K/wk and we've not improved in over 30 years - boring, boring, England.

How great it must be for other nations to watch the worlds highest paid footballers produce such stagnant football game after game, year after year.

Our game is in great shape isn't it!