Exeter City Post Match Thread

The very fact this thread as attracted so little responce clearly indicates how apathetic us Tics have got. Which leads to why so many now don't go. I hate it I do.

From my perspective, it's not apathy, just the fact that I wasn't there so don't feel qualified to comment. This, added to the fact that I don't like to read about a deafeat whilst they're still raw. There are cats to be kicked and kids to be shouted at before level-headed analysis can be given.

From my perspective, it's not apathy, just the fact that I wasn't there so don't feel qualified to comment. This, added to the fact that I don't like to read about a deafeat whilst they're still raw. There are cats to be kicked and kids to be shouted at before level-headed analysis can be given.

This

Unless of course like vs Brentford the manager makes a catalogue of errors. Yesterday simply sounded like a typical Latics away performance, one that I have seen many times over the last 25 years. but you're right Lags…meh…..

The very fact this thread as attracted so little responce clearly indicates how apathetic us Tics have got. Which leads to why so many now don't go. I hate it I do.

You know up until a couple of years back, Latics losing on a Saturday ruined my weekend. Now if we lose its disappointing but life goes on. I have just accepted that while we have our current squad and board we arent going to get out of this god awful division. Thats not a critisism of either SC, PD or the players were have....we just are what we are....an average League One side with 15 frickin years in the same division!

You know up until a couple of years back, Latics losing on a Saturday ruined my weekend. Now if we lose its disappointing but life goes on. I have just accepted that while we have our current squad and board we arent going to get out of this god awful division. Thats not a critisism of either SC, PD or the players were have....we just are what we are....an average League One side with 15 frickin years in the same division!

Same here re losing. The only defeat that I could honestly say 'ruined my weekend' last year was losing to Dave Penney's Bristol Rovers last season.

And boy did that defeat hurt :ranting:

Edited by Lookers_Carl

Yesterday was the hottest October day on record. In these days of taking Health & Safety precautions to the extreme, I would not have been surprised if Exeter stewards had been advising the travelling supporters to take precaution in the sunshine. A Factor 50 reference to Ernie would have been very appropriate.

As we entered the ground at 2:58pm we were straight onto the terrace, stretching the entire width of the pitch, and the whole of it was in the shade. Great, a bit of respite from the sun for the best part of two hours! But why was the terrace empty? The steward told me that, because we had not brought 200 fans, we could not occupy the shaded terrace, and we must stand in the far corner, between the corner flag and the wing stand, in full sun! Everyone had to walk across the empty shaded terrace to get to the hot corner. How crazy is that?

It was possible to pay extra and transfer into the shaded stand seats, and some of us were surprised to find that we had already been sold stand tickets without asking for them. In fact £4 could have been saved if the standing option had been offered.

This added insult to a previous 'injury' incurred earlier in the day. We went to our favourite Exeter pub, The Old Fire House. Two years ago I had convinced the bloke in charge that his 'no football shirt' policy was no way to keep out hooligans. He had thanked me for the new knowledge he'd gained that day, and bought us a round of drinks when we went back there for a meal after the match.

We went in again last season before and after the game, and we headed for there again yesterday. Only to find that we were greeted with comments about what nice people we were, but we would not be allowed in wearing sports colours, unless we turned them inside out! It's bad enough being treated like something on the bottom of a shoe, just for wearing colours, but to be asked to draw attention to ourselves by looking stupid with shirts inside out was unacceptable.

So after expressing disgust we took our trade to the Old Ship Inn. Apparently this had been a haunt of Sir Francis Drake - no doubt he had been turned away from the Old Fire House for wearing bowling colours.

Didn't go or listen to the game as I was away for the weekend but by the sound of it and watching the BBC highlights it was the usual story as we didn't start playing until 2 nil down. Another half time team talk and yet another goal conceeded withinin 3 minutes of the re-start.

We had more shots than the home side and 10 corners to 4 but as usual failed to make them count. We held Huddersfield comfortably at home but then get stuffed by Brentford last week who in turn get mauled by Hudds at home 4 0.

We are so bloody inconsistent it's untrue. Dickov says we have a better squad this season but I don't see it....we might be a little better at scoring goals but at the other end defensively we are dire...however, that's no goals scored and 4 conceeded in the last 180 minutes football. . It doesen't seem to matter who we play at CB we are still leaking goals and have a negative goal difference yet again!

You just don't know which team's going to turn up from week to week and I can't see it changing anytime soon!!!

I can't stand Latics fans who either brag about how they've put money on Oldham to lose or go to the game and then brag that they left at half time or similar and went to the pub instead. Sadly it's a sizeable minority, makes my blood boil.

Support the club or find something else to do because you are no supporter in my eyes.