Exposed

I thought mellor had a very poor game today even in the first half when we were well on top.

Mellor has been poor for the last few games, he aint no left back and I dont know why PD keeps playing him there. Teams no we are :censored:e down the left and just pick us off.

I thought Furman had a shocker to, infact all our midfield were :censored:e today.

Thought Wesolowski was mom by a mile, covered every blade of grass, I wish most of his outfield mates had his attitude and work ethic in that second half, which although we were 3-0 up was woeful. Taylor? Time to for you to be dropped and Morais? Cheerio, couldn't give a :censored:, nearly cost us £18,000 in prize money with his :censored:e backpass when all he had all that room in front of him. :ranting: You can see why he's had so many clubs…and i'm convinced at that point at 3-2, we would have conceded again and been heading down to The Pirelli a week on Tuesday….

It is clear to see why we throw leads away, too many of that lot think the job is done after 45 mins - any team keeps going to the end.

Delighted to be in the hat though…and bring on Round 2 :grin:

Edited by oafcprozac

Chill people 3-1!!! Remember last season?

Mellor is full of potential, Black is with us for the last season as he isn't good enough at left back - he won't keep a co tract with us.

Despite Mellor's yellow cards we were more solid at the back with him playing, despite him having a terrible game.

Left back is a problem for us and something we need to address if we want to go forward.

Thing with Taylor is he doesn't get as much ball as he should. If he had a fullback as good as Lee feeding him he'd do far better.

Stick will Mellor, he can only get better.

Mellor is definitely a prospect ( but not at left back imo )

Today was just a bad day at the office for him, but he's a young lad learning his trade so it's to be expected. I'm sure he'll bounce back.

Mellor is definitely a prospect ( but not at left back imo )

Today was just a bad day at the office for him, but he's a young lad learning his trade so it's to be expected. I'm sure he'll bounce back.

Think Dickov is hanging a young lad out to dry by consistently allowing him (Mellor) to be targeted as our weak link. Black whether people think he is :censored:e or not is a left-back, if PD has no faith in PB then bring in a loanee LB until Diallo is fit. Mellor needs a break and when refreshed should take Adeyemi's midfield place in the squad when Tom heads back to Norwich.

Mellor's best characteristics so far as a footballer is running at teams with the ball. He isn't a left back but Dickov knows he has problems in that position. Black had his chance on tuesday night and blew it pretty much. When is Diallo back? Is he good enough.

It's something that needs to be addressed. Bring in someone of the Simon Charlton mould. Any of them about?

I thought Mellor had a :censored: game. Nothing he did today worked for him and it's been heading this way for a few games. Id of started Black to give him the match fitness as he has missed a few and looks abit rusty.

Id of also taken Taylor off at half time. A) because he's under performing B) to show that he is capable of being subbed.

I think Morais is a quality player. I really believe he needs the fans behind him and the feeling he is wanted and not just a spare part. Half time was a great opportunity for him to throw it back in everyone's face. But he was never given the chance.

I thought Mellor had a :censored: game. Nothing he did today worked for him and it's been heading this way for a few games. Id of started Black to give him the match fitness as he has missed a few and looks abit rusty.

Id of also taken Taylor off at half time. A) because he's under performing B) to show that he is capable of being subbed.

I think Morais is a quality player. I really believe he needs the fans behind him and the feeling he is wanted and not just a spare part. Half time was a great opportunity for him to throw it back in everyone's face. But he was never given the chance.

Bollocks, Morais needs to put a shift in, he's pissed off and it shows. He's a professional so should get out there and do his job instead he's going through the motions and it started during the bad run last season and Dickov was right to drop him.

Taylor, no matter how ineffective he is he gets a game...

Bollocks, Morais needs to put a shift in, he's pissed off and it shows. He's a professional so should get out there and do his job instead he's going through the motions and it started during the bad run last season and Dickov was right to drop him.

Taylor, no matter how ineffective he is he gets a game...

Do you watch him train? If your so certain he doesn't try hard enough and doesn't put a shift in I hope you have a good backup for your thoughts. On the other hand if you mean on the pitch, I agree with you. He should put a shift in but unfortunately he's on the bench

Do you watch him train? If your so certain he doesn't try hard enough and doesn't put a shift in I hope you have a good backup for your thoughts. On the other hand if you mean on the pitch, I agree with you. He should put a shift in but unfortunately he's on the bench

I've never mentioned training. Morais is pissed off, simple - like he was at Millwall, Hibs and elsewhere, he wants to play week in week out (Fair enough) but when he has been given the chance he has been poor. For me Morais was such a big factor in the goals drying up last season, his style of play constantly slowed attacks, with Taylor doing that on the other wing, teams could get back in numbers due to the lack of end product or moving inside and therefore being crowded out of the game.

Carlisle away highlighted everything that lets Flip Flap Fil down, we were under the cosh yet he doesn't track back, little end product, holds onto the ball too long and loses the ball time after time. His lazy pass today should have been a game changer for Burton, luckily we got away with it. I think Dickov has realised that defensively he is a liability especially after the Carlisle debacle. You tell me what Morais has done since scoring against Sheff Wed in March?

So that's Simpson, Scapuzzi (and Parker within a month or so) in front of him, performances like Carlisle and his casualness today will ensure he'll play less and less…it's up to him but if he wants to remain at BP he needs to up his game and his work ethic when we do not have the ball.

By the way, not criticising his ability, he's the most naturally talented lad we have, but does he want it enough? A procession of clubs by his mid-twenties suggests not and was my fear from day one….

Edited by oafcprozac

I thought you meant training when you was saying putting in a shift. I agree he needs to put a shift in but how can he do that sat on the bench? I wasn't at carlisle so I can't comment on that but I do believe he has the talent and needs to be given the matches. I suppose everyone is different and sees the game from different angles but that's my thoughts.

I particularly liked the bit in the second half where Chris Taylor told the guy in the main stand lower to ":censored: off" and to "shut the :censored: up" after he quite rightly told him to play to the whistle and stop moaning at the referee. Quality Chris, you'll get the fans on side acting like that....

Edited by Break The Silence

I particularly liked the bit in the second half where Chris Taylor told the guy in the main stand lower to ":censored: off" and to "shut the :censored: up" after he quite rightly told him to play to the whistle and stop moaning at the referee. Quality Chris, you'll get the fans on side acting like that....

I unfortunately believe he thinks there is no Oldham Athletic without Chris Taylor.

Thing with Taylor is he doesn't get as much ball as he should. If he had a fullback as good as Lee feeding him he'd do far better.

Stick will Mellor, he can only get better.

BINGO- someone else saw what I did today. Taylor spent most of the first half being marked by the ball-boys, but only really got the ball once (Mellor played it to him a couple of times but both of those had blue-lights on), the one time he did receive it, he did the full-back with ease and put a decent ball in. In the second half Taylor made a couple of runs through the middle and it would have only taken one pass to put him in- he never got it. But no Taylor was awful and should be dropped- we spent almost as much of the game virtually playing with 10 men because we never gave him the ball.

Furman was poor- so who was it that ran 50 yards to catch up Kuqi to slot it in- the invisible man?

Burton got their team wrong IMHO- their two best players were ones that came on that little Argentinian and Palmer they gave us some trouble when they came on. Funny how one of them was playing off the front man but our player playing opposite him was someone's MOTM.

The game was over as a contest after 35 minutes once we went 3-0 up, they didn't look like scoring 3 if they had played all week, it should have been done earlier if Kuqi had hit his penalty properly- it was too similar to his first in my opinion. Mvoto put Zola in his pocket- OK Zola scored but some decent officiating would have ruled that out for a foul in the build up. We took our foot off the gas in the second half and made it seem more of a contest than it should have done but if we had played hard and someone picked up an injury it would have looked foolish.

Mellor was poor today but a youngster playing in his first season being played slightly out of position will probably have a few poor games- how they bounce back is what matters.

Burton at home is a game we should win but it did have the potential to be a banana skin if we didn't play well (Burton missing their top scorer helped as well). We won 3-1 and they never looked like being in it for over 75% of the game. Its November and we are still in 3 competitions- the last we could say that Frankie Bunn had just scored 6. We could have won by more and our second half performance was not the best but you can only beat what's put in front of you and we did that with ease today.

BINGO- someone else saw what I did today. Taylor spent most of the first half being marked by the ball-boys, but only really got the ball once (Mellor played it to him a couple of times but both of those had blue-lights on), the one time he did receive it, he did the full-back with ease and put a decent ball in. In the second half Taylor made a couple of runs through the middle and it would have only taken one pass to put him in- he never got it. But no Taylor was awful and should be dropped- we spent almost as much of the game virtually playing with 10 men because we never gave him the ball.

Furman was poor- so who was it that ran 50 yards to catch up Kuqi to slot it in- the invisible man?

Burton got their team wrong IMHO- their two best players were ones that came on that little Argentinian and Palmer they gave us some trouble when they came on. Funny how one of them was playing off the front man but our player playing opposite him was someone's MOTM.

The game was over as a contest after 35 minutes once we went 3-0 up, they didn't look like scoring 3 if they had played all week, it should have been done earlier if Kuqi had hit his penalty properly- it was too similar to his first in my opinion. Mvoto put Zola in his pocket- OK Zola scored but some decent officiating would have ruled that out for a foul in the build up. We took our foot off the gas in the second half and made it seem more of a contest than it should have done but if we had played hard and someone picked up an injury it would have looked foolish.

Mellor was poor today but a youngster playing in his first season being played slightly out of position will probably have a few poor games- how they bounce back is what matters.

Burton at home is a game we should win but it did have the potential to be a banana skin if we didn't play well (Burton missing their top scorer helped as well). We won 3-1 and they never looked like being in it for over 75% of the game. Its November and we are still in 3 competitions- the last we could say that Frankie Bunn had just scored 6. We could have won by more and our second half performance was not the best but you can only beat what's put in front of you and we did that with ease today.

Nope it was January 2005 FAC4 and LDV NF

Edited by oafcprozac

Anyone who has heard Chris speak in normal conversation would probably concur that 'shut the f up' and ' f off' are the only vocabulary that he has in his head - which explains why he has been piss poor this season and the most part of the past 3-4 seasons - has pace but no end product and too thick to mark his man as opposed to giving him a 30-yard head start before bothering to get near him or track back.

Oldham fan or not, whilst I am sure he does mean well and cares, his performances have been below par for 3 years now. I hope PD has not bought into the 'he is an Oldham fan so if i drop him o'll get lynched' party line, cos he certainly is and should be - if PD has then that says a lot about his managerial credentials long term.

When you look at the work Simpson puts in as well as Wes on the most part and Kuqi, Taylor is nowhere near.

If he leaves in the summer i honestly would not care either way whether he stays or not - he is past his best now, as those teams who once chased him will now have realised and would also have seen that he has pace but no football brain in regards to the runs he makes, anticipation of play (10 yards behind a quick one two with Macini on tuesday) and end product.

All huff and puff from Chris - i'd stick Mellor left wing to allow him to attack and cross for us with his left foot and have Simmo/Parker/Scapuzzi on the right when all available - like Morais but admit he is poor defensively and is patently not fit - 2 pitch-length counter attacks at Carlisle saw him blowing after 5 mins; he needs to get fit by either extra training or by being given games beacue he does have the ability.

Buck yourself up Chris or clear off - your neither use nor ornament at the moment.