Right that's enough about Anfield

Thought that I might just refocus on the next game - it's massif versus the league leaders and one that we need to get something from.

Would feel a lot better if MVoto was fit for this one and a certain Mr Simpson was still around but still believe we are good enough to compete with them.

Addicks versus Latics - there's only one Athletic :wink:

There are 3 of us on travelling by train on saturday:

8:15 Manchester Piccadilly - Euston.

7:00 euston - Manchester

I hope there will be a few more blues on them.

Personally, I'm really Looking forward to saturday - OWTB.

Edited by pukka

There will never be enough talk about Anfield, but yeah it should be a good game. Although I'm fully expecting a 2-0 defeat, they just look so good this year. If Stephens plays I hope he doesn't get booed the lad didn't screw us.

Stephens won't be playing he hasn't played for weeks apparently he has personal issues with him being down south! Might be worth a loan enquiry but would he get in our team at the mo?

Reckon we will come back with a point. Hopefully Scapuzzi is up top with Kuqi with Taylor out wide from the start.

Just out of interest and slightly off topic, when is Reuben Reid back? Haven't heard his name mentioned in ages, surely gonna be a welcome return when he's fit after his early season form.

think this is a great game right after getting through to Liverpool. it's as close as we'll get to the anfield game in terms of preparation if you think about it.

- big stadium, good facilities, lots of home fans

- not comparing charlton to liverpool but theyre 5 points clear at the top so they're the nearest we'll come to in quality, or at least playing a team that are probably technically better than us

- going there with nothing to lose, and getting beaten wouldnt be a surprise

- we've got a chance of sneaking it because we can beat anyone on the day

i had said as long as we beat bradford and southend then losing the weds and charlton games wouldnt matter but i think we should give this one a go and use it as a warm up for liverpool

Just out of interest and slightly off topic, when is Reuben Reid back? Haven't heard his name mentioned in ages, surely gonna be a welcome return when he's fit after his early season form.

Sure I read a few weeks ago Dickov said Reid was a week behind Parker. So am guessing that he'll be featuring in the next reserve team game if there is one any time soon, unless any complications have come up in his recovery.

think this is a great game right after getting through to Liverpool. it's as close as we'll get to the anfield game in terms of preparation if you think about it.

- big stadium, good facilities, lots of home fans

- not comparing charlton to liverpool but theyre 5 points clear at the top so they're the nearest we'll come to in quality, or at least playing a team that are probably technically better than us

- going there with nothing to lose, and getting beaten wouldnt be a surprise

- we've got a chance of sneaking it because we can beat anyone on the day

i had said as long as we beat bradford and southend then losing the weds and charlton games wouldnt matter but i think we should give this one a go and use it as a warm up for liverpool

I hope so - I sincerely hope so B)