back in the day.........

just stumbled across these highlights.

One of the first games I remember watching - didn't realise it was under Warnock!!

I'm assuming we finished 13th that season 97/98 and he left in May (the game was Tues 28th March '98)

Nice touch as to who scored the equaliser <_<

Was only 9 at the time and remember being scared when Burnley fans invaded the pitch and ran around like idiots after they scored the 1st goal, thought their fans were going to come across into the main stand (even though i was in the main stand upper grey block as opposed to white block nowadays; so they were quite a distance away!)

Can't find the teamsheet from the internet but from what i can gather:

GK Bruce G

RB S McNiven

CB Graham

CB ??

LB Serrant

RM Rickers

CM ??Dux??

CM ??

LM Reid

ST Jepson

ST Allott

not so good days, but happy first clear memories of Latucs for me (can remember a stuart barlow goal in the chaddy end when i was sat over in the lookers, when we had the horrible hooped kit in 97; but nothing as clearly recalled as this game)

Any ideas as to who was number 12? Lee Clitheroe ex youth teamer? 14 D McNiven??

enjoy

Edited by shefflatic

just stumbled across these highlights.

One of the first games I remember watching - didn't realise it was under Warnock!!

I'm assuming we finished 13th that season 97/98 and he left in May (the game was Tues 28th March April '98)

Nice touch as to who scored the equaliser <_<

Was only 9 at the time and remember being scared when Burnley fans invaded the pitch and ran around like idiots after they scored the 1st goal, thought their fans were going to come across into the main stand (even though i was in the main stand upper grey block as opposed to white block nowadays; so they were quite a distance away!)

Can't find the teamsheet from the internet but from what i can gather:

GK Bruce G

RB S McNiven

CB Graham

CB ??

LB Serrant

RM Rickers

CM ??Dux??

CM ??

LM Reid

ST Jepson

ST Allott

not so good days, but happy first clear memories of Latucs for me (can remember a stuart barlow goal in the chaddy end when i was sat over in the lookers, when we had the horrible hooped kit in 97; but nothing as clearly recalled as this game)

Any ideas as to who was number 12? Lee Clitheroe ex youth teamer? 14 D McNiven??

enjoy

FTFY Penultimate game of the season

Team

Grobbelaar

Redmond

Graham

Garnett (sent off at 3-1 down)

Serrant

Boxall

Rickers

Reid

Allott

Jepson

D McNIven

Subs:

S McNiven

Holt

Clitheroe

Scorers: Jepson, Rickers & Allott

Clitheroe was a winger from the youth team, high hopes of him but broke his leg against Walsall later that year and was never seen again...

Think this game was played with a hell of a storm going on - thunder an lightning , ferocious driving rain etc and recall Latics fans revelling in I.e. we liked the fact our ground can be a tough place to visit weather wise

Speaking of the weather I recall a cup game (the trophy) where it was a tenner in the Chaddy and a fiver in the paddock and yet again BP showed it can be one of the most inhospitable grounds and the Chaddy chanted to the fans in the paddock "you should have paid a tenner"

Remember developing a hatred of Burnley and inparticularly the sizeable scummy element of their fanbase that day especially how they invaded the pitch on each occasion they scored didnt some end up injuring one of the ball boys.

o4u Jr took evasive action prior to the Sheff Weds penalty last week ... felt a tad intimidated and moved from his preferred haunt in front of the small bit of the RRE to the touchline level with the 18 yard line.

Looks like it was a wise move.

Think this game was played with a hell of a storm going on - thunder an lightning (VERY VERY FRIGHTENING) , ferocious driving rain etc and recall Latics fans revelling in I.e. we liked the fact our ground can be a tough place to visit weather wise

Speaking of the weather I recall a cup game (the trophy) where it was a tenner in the Chaddy and a fiver in the paddock and yet again BP showed it can be one of the most inhospitable grounds and the Chaddy chanted to the fans in the paddock "you should have paid a tenner"

Remember developing a hatred of Burnley and inparticularly the sizeable scummy element of their fanbase that day especially how they invaded the pitch on each occasion they scored didnt some end up injuring one of the ball boys.

Yeah that's right, I was a ball boy that night but luckily down at the Chaddy End. One of my mates got whacked by a Burnley fan with a bar or pole of some sort after one of the goals, at half time they just made us all come into the Chddy End half of the pitch!

Bruce Grobelaar threw me in the air when Allott scored & Steve Redmond gave me his shirt after the game, top top night!!

Yeah that's right, I was a ball boy that night but luckily down at the Chaddy End. One of my mates got whacked by a Burnley fan with a bar or pole of some sort after one of the goals, at half time they just made us all come into the Chddy End half of the pitch!

Bruce Grobelaar threw me in the air when Allott scored & Steve Redmond gave me his shirt after the game, top top night!!

pretty sure it was an umbrella