Liverpool pre / post match

Markoasis

For those OASIS lads and lassies who managed to get tickets for the game :grin: we will look to gather forces around 4pm in Liverpool. Suggestions for a place to meet Mr P?

Think a number are staying over so we will be out for drinkies after the game.

Those on the train up with me will have the pleasure of doing one of my infamous quiz's

For those OASIS lads and lassies who managed to get tickets for the game :grin: we will look to gather forces around 4pm in Liverpool. Suggestions for a place to meet Mr P?

Those on the train up with me will have the pleasure of doing one of my infamous quiz's

Might get the train down just for the quiz up!

Are you going via Manchester or direct to Liverpool?

Just my obligatory reminder that PlayerShare WebShop can be used to buy rail tickets and accomodation for this or any other trip (be it football related, business related or just getting on with your life related).

First TransPennine charge no nasty extra fees (unlike most other train ticket companies) and pay 1% cashback to PlayerShare.

Hotels dot com pay 6% back on any bookings - great if you're making a night of it in Scouseland.

Direct to Liverpool, you could get on at Crewe!! We'll just hijack a pub's tap room and do the quiz pre-game if that's what people want to do....... we will be there early enough

PS Cheers for changing the title B)

I'll just meet you at Lime Street at 4 ish... Where you staying?

Pre-match (In order):

The Crown.

The Dispensary (for no other reason apart from the fact it's on Oldham Street).

Cafe Tabac (if we're feeling civilised...).

The Wetherspoons (when we've finished feeling civilised and want some atmosphere, as I would expect a lot of Latics fans would be gathering here as they did before Everton).

Pub near the ground.

GAME

Post-match:

Pub near the ground.

Pub in town.

Finishing in The Jacaranda, which is open late and frequented by people of all ages, so those who are over thirty won't feel past it!

Sound like a plan?

Pre-match (In order):

The Crown.

The Wetherspoons (when we've finished feeling civilised and want some atmosphere, as I would expect a lot of Latics fans would be gathering here as they did before Everton).

Pub near the ground.

GAME

Post-match:

Pub near the ground.

Pub in town.

Finishing in The Jacaranda, which is open late and frequented by people of all ages, so those who are over thirty won't feel past it!

Sound like a plan?

As a man in the know... what will those of us on the 23:13 or 23:38 trains back to Manchester have time to fit in post game?

As a man in the know... what will those of us on the 23:13 or 23:38 trains back to Manchester have time to fit in post game?

I'm not too sure, but it might be better to ensure getting into town in time first (walking away from the stadium to escape the crowds then getting a cab in, the Mrs reckons is the best bet....) and having a few pints near the station.

Might be best of we all did this, actually...

Pre-match (In order):

The Crown.

Pub near the ground.

GAME

Post-match:

Pub near the ground.

Pub in town.

Sound like a plan?

Top class plan Joe. I might fancy a bit of a crawl round some of my old haunts such as the Cambridge, the Philharmonic, the Pilgrim, the Black Horse and Rainbow, Ba Ba, the whatsitsface on Seel Street, Slaters, Mojo, the Dr Whatsitcalled Irish pub and Bar Ca Va. then I'll join yous all for a lunchtime livener in the Dispensary and we'll take it from there.

Top class plan Joe. I might fancy a bit of a crawl round some of my old haunts such as the Cambridge, the Philharmonic, the Pilgrim, the Black Horse and Rainbow, Ba Ba, the whatsitsface on Seel Street, Slaters, Mojo, the Dr Whatsitcalled Irish pub and Bar Ca Va. then I'll join yous all for a lunchtime livener in the Dispensary and we'll take it from there.

Thought The Philharmonic might be a good post-match destination.

Gotta check out those loos.......