Liverpool pre season friendly suggestion

From what i've read over the last few days, liverpool as a club have been very impressed with us from the way our directors have acted right down to the individual performances on the pitch. Obviously Liverpool have their overseas tournaments and far eastern commitments in pre season usually but you never know, they may send over a reserve squad for a pre-season. Who knows, it can't have done us any harm if we're ever in need of loaning one of their youth products either can it!

From what i've read over the last few days, liverpool as a club have been very impressed with us from the way our directors have acted right down to the individual performances on the pitch. Obviously Liverpool have their overseas tournaments and far eastern commitments in pre season usually but you never know, they may send over a reserve squad for a pre-season. Who knows, it can't have done us any harm if we're ever in need of loaning one of their youth products either can it!

You are right and I'd like to see this hot prospect at BP on loan for the rest of the season;

Edited by BP1960

I think it would be a good idea. Hopefully we will go with it.

In terms of loaning youth players I think that would benefit both clubs as well. We have a quite few talented youth players who need some first team experience (esp by the time next season comes). At the moment we have been loaning a few players to Blackpool which has been beneficial to both of us and it would be good to form another link with you guys.

You are right and I'd to see this hot prospect at BP on loan for the rest of the season;

Good video mate. Sterling is one of our brightest prospects. He's only 16 and has been doing well for the reserves this season. Some of our other good youngsters coming through which I think we would be open to loaning out at are Suso (17 year old Spanish midfielder who has been playing for the reserves the last two seasons), Adorjan (18 year old Hungarian lad doing well for the reserves, plays just behind the striker), Andre Wisdom (England U19 captain, CB) and Michael N'Goo (19 year old English forward who is quite skillfull despite being over 6'4).

Here is a video of Suso and another one of Sterling. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER6S2tCkY0M

Edited by liverpoolfan

Would be nice but I can't see why they would. Although Liverpool may have helped us in terms of dealing with the incident, this only needs doing because the player is under our care. The wronged party in all of this has been Tom, rather than the club.

However, I do get the point that they may have appreciated how we have handled the incident from our end.

IMO it's a bond worth building on, friendlies can be an opportunity for higher level clubs to look at young Latics prospects e.g. Tom Eaves hat trick against Bolton which I'm sure convinced them to sign him.

Welcome to liverpoolfan on OWTB, it's good to see such constructive comments.

Noticing Raheem Sterling is only 17 it might be better to wait until next season to ask if he's available on loan.

How do you rate Toni Silva BTW ?

Edited by BP1960

IMO it's a bond worth building on, friendlies can be an opportunity for higher level clubs to look at young Latics prospects e.g. Tom Eaves hat trick against Bolton which I'm sure convinced them to sign him.

Welcome to liverpoolfan on OWTB, it's good to see such constructive comments.

Noticing Raheem Sterling is only 17 it might be better to wait until next season to ask if he's available on loan.

How do you rate Toni Silva BTW ?

Thanks for the welcome. Silva is a good player when he's in the mood but he can be pretty inconsistent. Tricky player, unpredictable for defenders but can also be a bit selfish sometimes- looking to dribble past several players when there's a better option available. He had a good game for the reserves yesterday where he came on as a sub and got an assist + hit the crossbar. However, personally I can't see him making it at Liverpool. The likes of Suso and Sterling are ahead of him.

And I forgot in my last post to mention Adam Morgan who is another good talent + he's local. Scored more than a goal/game for the U18's last season but hasn't been quite as prolific for the reserves this season.

Edited by liverpoolfan

Thanks for the welcome. Silva is a good player when he's in the mood but he can be pretty inconsistent. Tricky player, unpredictable for defenders but can also be a bit selfish sometimes- looking to dribble past several players when there's a better option available. He had a good game for the reserves yesterday where he came on as a sub and got an assist + hit the crossbar. However, personally I can't see him making it at Liverpool. The likes of Suso and Sterling are ahead of him.

And I forgot in my last post to mention Adam Morgan who is another good talent + he's local. Scored more than a goal/game for the U18's last season but hasn't been quite as prolific for the reserves this season.

Thanks for your tips, would be nice to see at least one at BP.

Would you rate Morgan ahead of Eccleston ?

Edited by BP1960

Liverpoolfan - welcome; we'll aviod the race row debate on this thread and focus OT I'd say eh?

I watched your TV channel the other night; trying to see when it would be showing our FA Cup Game - and caught 30mins or so of the youth game Vs Crewe.

You look to have a couple of real prosepcts in that side - 1 I know all about, others I was seeing for the 1st time.

• Jordan Ibe - he's the one I knew all about from his exploits at Wycombe this season (he played against us at BP earlier this season). He looked nice & bright, quick & strong playing 'in the hole' off the front man.

• Morgan - the further forward of the front 2 - looked a decent player; lively and was a threat.

• Mukendi (spl!) - the left winger. A huge lad for his age, powerful runner; not got great acceleration from the looks of it; but a la Yaya Toure; once he got going he was quick enough and difficult to stop. End product was a bit hit & miss but it was an obvious tactic to get him on the ball as much as possible.

How many of the youth / reserve side do have out on loan at the moment?

Liverpool is a side we've not really had many players from over the years; loan wise. It's obviously local enough for the young lads to remain in their current accomodation & travel to us; so negates the 'away from home' factor - IMO we really should to utilise the local 'big guns' where possible, LFC being one of those.

Out of all the players being mentioned in this thread - and from seeing us play for 90mins on friday, who do you think would add to our side / be a suitable target from your fringe / reserves / youth???

Cheers,

Sly

Thanks for your tips, would be nice to see at least one at BP.

Would you rate Morgan ahead of Eccleston ?

Yes I would say Morgan is just ahead of Eccleston at the moment (but he is also 3 years younger). The thing with Eccleston is that he is even more inconsistent than Silva. Some games he will be very good and you think maybe he will make it if given the chances but the next game he's back to his old self. He's 21 and I would be surprised if he was still here next season. Morgan on the other hand is a clinical striker and still has a lot of time to improve. He has been a bit less clinical recently but he's definitely one of the players I rate.

What was the name of that Spanish midfielder lad we had from them a few years ago? Highly rated apparently, and gash. Seemed to expect half an hour on the ball before anyone might come and take it/his legs away from him

Miki Roque, I think. Had to retire recently due to cancer if I recall correctly.

Edited by JonesyOAFC

What happened to this guy:

''Liverpool have agreed a deal to take 14-year-old Oldham starlet Iaia Embarlo to Anfield for a sum of £25,000.

The Portuguese striker, who attended the Latics' centre of excellence, has moved for that initial fee with further add-ons included in the deal.

Embarlo is the latest youngster to leave Boundary Park for the the Barclays Premier League, following Tom Eaves' move to Bolton earlier this month. ''

Liverpoolfan - welcome; we'll aviod the race row debate on this thread and focus OT I'd say eh?

I watched your TV channel the other night; trying to see when it would be showing our FA Cup Game - and caught 30mins or so of the youth game Vs Crewe.

You look to have a couple of real prosepcts in that side - 1 I know all about, others I was seeing for the 1st time.

• Jordan Ibe - he's the one I knew all about from his exploits at Wycombe this season (he played against us at BP earlier this season). He looked nice & bright, quick & strong playing 'in the hole' off the front man.

• Morgan - the further forward of the front 2 - looked a decent player; lively and was a threat.

• Mukendi (spl!) - the left winger. A huge lad for his age, powerful runner; not got great acceleration from the looks of it; but a la Yaya Toure; once he got going he was quick enough and difficult to stop. End product was a bit hit & miss but it was an obvious tactic to get him on the ball as much as possible.

How many of the youth / reserve side do have out on loan at the moment?

Liverpool is a side we've not really had many players from over the years; loan wise. It's obviously local enough for the young lads to remain in their current accomodation & travel to us; so negates the 'away from home' factor - IMO we really should to utilise the local 'big guns' where possible, LFC being one of those.

Out of all the players being mentioned in this thread - and from seeing us play for 90mins on friday, who do you think would add to our side / be a suitable target from your fringe / reserves / youth???

Cheers,

Sly

Sounds good. Unfortunately I didn't end up watching the game against Crewe so I have not had a chance to see Jordan Ibe in action but he is meant to be highly rated (and good to hear that you think he looks decent).

Morgan is a good player. Clinical in front of goal but just needs to work on his decision making at times. Mukendi is a decent player aswell.

The main youth players on loan at the moment are:

Danny Wilson CB (Blackpool)

Peter Gulacsi GK (Hull City)

Daniel Pacheco AM (Atletico Madrid)

Villyan Bijev FW (Fortuna Dusseldorf)

David Amoo FW (Bury)

Stephen Darby RB (Rochdale)

Of the above players I feel only Bijev, Danny Wilson and Gulacsi will be here next season.

In terms of which players would be good to loan I think any of the hot prospects I mentioned earlier (Suso, Adorjan, Sterling, Wisdom, N'Goo, Morgan) would be good additions. Suso or Adorjan if you are looking for a playmaker, Sterling is great on both wings, Wisdom is a solid CB who will definitely need some first team experience next season and both N'Goo and Morgan are good forwards. Another player who we will probably be looking to loan out next season is be Connor Coady- who is the captain of our reserves and plays in CM.

Edited by liverpoolfan

What happened to this guy:

''Liverpool have agreed a deal to take 14-year-old Oldham starlet Iaia Embarlo to Anfield for a sum of £25,000.

The Portuguese striker, who attended the Latics' centre of excellence, has moved for that initial fee with further add-ons included in the deal.

Embarlo is the latest youngster to leave Boundary Park for the the Barclays Premier League, following Tom Eaves' move to Bolton earlier this month. ''

When was this from? Haven't heard of him. Perhaps he is playing with the U16's.