First Leg may be in Doubt

Am I the only one who would be pleased to get Kuqi rested for a couple more days?

Depends how you look at it. Game cancelled tomorrow and is on Wednesday, so he has Tuesday off due to no game, but then he is playing on wednesday night, with less rest time between then and saturday. So he either has less time until Exeter game, or more time if game is on tomorrow, but less rest before Chesterfield. Unless he doesn't play against one of them of course.

Minimum -3C.

Frost covers down tonight and it should be ok.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653225

Feckin' mickey mouse club. New ground and no under-soil heating? No frost covers down already?? Meh - tin pot club!

I'm massively hoping it's still on - I won't be able to make the Weds night re-schedule as I'm working.....i'll be pissed off if I check at 2pm tomorrow and it's off :ranting::ranting: :ranting:

From the Chesterfield Fans’ Forum:

Quote 1:

Frost covers have been on since weekend - apparently they work up to -6 or -7 degrees so just hope the temp doesn't drop any further than that.

Quote 2:

Covers been on since Friday. Frost has been a concern on the south side where no sun is getting. A thaw after another frosty night might not have much effect.

Quote 3:

For what it’s worth unless there is a part of the pitch that is really struggling then with the temps forecast tomorrow i would be surprised if it does get called off. Others on here have mentioned the covers worked down to -7/-8c and according to the weather station at Brookfield School its only got as low as -4.3c at any point since the early hours of Friday morning at its coldest so the covers should hopefully have done the trick.

Quote 4:

Don't be too sure. We might be able to field a stronger team by Wednesday.

Firstly a modern ground .....with no undersoil heating it appears .... pathetic.

Secondly , football clubs hopelessly out of touch with fans & reality as always.

Some Oldham fans may have had to make arrangements with employers to finish early or take time off for the game.

Moving it back one day .....'sorry boss I want to leave early on Wednesday now , not Tuesday'.

Very poor imo.

Do they not have frost covers at their fancy new stadium??? ^_^

YEP they've been in place since Friday. You are a very over reactionary bunch after all it's only a precautionary measure and the temp is going to rise quite significantly.

On the under soil heating subject - why spend thousands on a system without the prospect of financial gain.

YEP they've been in place since Friday. You are a very over reactionary bunch after all it's only a precautionary measure and the temp is going to rise quite significantly.

On the under soil heating subject - why spend thousands on a system without the prospect of financial gain.

Ha ha, you are not used to the drama of OWTB are you :lol::lol::lol:

No undersoil heating................ Shez out!!!

Edited by lancy lad