Flag For Wembley (If we get there)

Quick fund raising and hopefully company to do it. Could be done. Concerns about what happens after and enough people to take ownership of it to ensure it last and doesn't end like last one. New badge one would be a good... one we can use over the years

Was going to wait till we got there. When i went England v Wales a few other Oldham came with us someone brought the Moston OAFC flag. Anyway i got nominated to put it up. As i got into the ground as expected i was searched and the flag was took off me. Put up against the wall and measured i was told it was to big and had it confiscated.

I was told please collect the flag after the game basically i ended up spending nearly 30min trying to locate the steward who took the flag off us trying to find her being sent from door to door with other stewards not wanting to allow me access.

Basically check the size would hate to see any Oldham fan invest in a nice big flag only to have it took off them.

Guidance for use of flags at Wembley Stadium

Wembley Stadium will be as accommodating as possible within the stadium’s grounds regulations:

• Flags are not generally confiscated, however the obstruction of gangways, access routes, exits and entrances, health and safety signage and stairways is strictly forbidden.

• In the event of an emergency all access and exit points must be kept clear.

• Wembley Stadium reserves the right to confiscate flags if they are very large or may compromise public safety, obscure someone’s view, a camera position or if a flag carries offensive, discriminatory or inflammatory messaging.

• Flags more than 250cm in size at their widest or longest section will not be allowed and flagpoles greater than 1m in length will not allowed.

• Any articles that could potentially be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety are strictly prohibited.

• Permission must be sought in advance from the stadium and event owner to arrange use of the very large supporter flags that are designed to be passed over people's heads. In such cases the flag must be flame-retardant and the organiser bringing the flag into the stadium will need to provide the appropriate H&S certification.

Hi all!

If we make it to Wembley, we can request to take an official larger flag. Plans to have a new flag created are underway! Watch this space!

KTF

Good to see someone else believes it's better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one, than to have an opportunity and not be prepared. B)