Film Content

Monty Burns

Is there a website that details what the content of a film is. I ask this because I watched Due Date with my ten year old son, as the bit at the start said nothing about sexual scenes. Cue embarrasment when he starts having a wank in the car!!! Ive recorded Blade Runner as I liked it when I was ten, but when it comes on it says sexual scenes, I cant remember any but I dont fancy watching it just to check it out before watching it agan!!!

bbfc website would be the best bet. As an example Here is what it says for due date:

Extended Classification Information is available for this work. ECI may contain plot details and/or spoilers. Learn more » about ECI or Show details »

DUE DATE is a U.S. comedy about an architect who is forced to hitch a ride across the country with an aspiring actor in order to get home to L.A. for the birth of his first child. It was classified ‘15’ for strong language, drug and sex references.

The BBFC’s Guidelines at ’12A’/’12’ state ‘The use of strong language (for example, :censored:) must be infrequent’. DUE DATE contains around forty uses of strong language. The film is therefore more appropriately placed at ‘15’ where the Guidelines state that ‘There may be frequent use of strong language’.

The Guidelines at ‘15’ also state that ‘Drug taking may be shown but the film as a whole must not promote or encourage drug use’. DUE DATE contains some scenes showing drug taking. For example, in one scene a man is shown smoking a cannabis pipe whilst he drives. The behaviour clearly has negative consequences so the film as a whole does not encourage drug use.

Additionally, at ‘12A’/’12’ the Guidelines state that ‘Sex references should not go beyond what is suitable for young teenagers’. DUE DATE contains one scene in which the aspiring actor is heard masturbating. Although comic, the scene is neither brief nor discreet and also places the film at ‘15’, where the Guidelines state that ‘There may be strong verbal references to sexual behaviour’.

DUE DATE also contains some moderate comic violence and one gory moment.