The natives will start to get restless

As much as I despise getting thrashed (especially by MK) today was due to lack of key players in the middle, rather than being a problem with the formation.

Also the natives will get restless with dour 1-0 or 2-0 home defeats, not results like this.

I take your point, but we have been pretty :censored:e when we have had our first 11 out.

I take your point, but we have been pretty :censored:e when we have had our first 11 out.

We've also been pretty good with our first 11 out this season.

We're missing Wes and Furman and Cisak is having a bit of a wobble (his penalty save on Tuesday covered up the fact he had a very shaky game).

Beginning to wonder if it's worth asking Shefqi to stay beyond this season - poor form and a tantrum every game isn't what we want from an experienced player. The younger players are supposed to look up to him, FFS....

We've also been pretty good with our first 11 out this season.

We're missing Wes and Furman and Cisak is having a bit of a wobble (his penalty save on Tuesday covered up the fact he had a very shaky game).

Beginning to wonder if it's worth asking Shefqi to stay beyond this season - poor form and a tantrum every game isn't what we want from an experienced player. The younger players are supposed to look up to him, FFS....

I fear we have only flattered to decieve though.

As much as I despise getting thrashed (especially by MK) today was due to lack of key players in the middle, rather than being a problem with the formation.

Also the natives will get restless with dour 1-0 or 2-0 home defeats, not results like this.

the point is though that 4 4 1 1 without key players doesn't work period and was never going to be enough at a side like MK. At times we have looked especially weak in CM and always do when Tom plays, his rampaging bursts are great if not a wee bit sporadic, but he goes missing way to often to be in a 2 with luxury wide men especially when Tayls is playing alongside him.

Dickov is doing a good job and I'm not even close to turning my back on him, but he is in need of being more tactically astute. I don't feel like he is even close to having a plan B or C. I'm hoping he realises this soon before the season flops towards the drop.

the point is though that 4 4 1 1 without key players doesn't work period and was never going to be enough at a side like MK. At times we have looked especially weak in CM and always do when Tom plays, his rampaging bursts are great if not a wee bit sporadic, but he goes missing way to often to be in a 2 with luxury wide men especially when Tayls is playing alongside him.

Dickov is doing a good job and I'm not even close to turning my back on him, but he is in need of being more tactically astute. I don't feel like he is even close to having a plan B or C. I'm hoping he realises this soon before the season flops towards the drop.

I think that's a good point about Dickov needing to use different formations and I agree that, if we had the right player for the defensive midfield position, 4-1-4-1 would've worked much better yesterday. Although I feel that 4-4-1-1 (or 4-2-3-1 as our wingers have been pretty attacking) has been very good over the course of the season.