Tom Adeyemi

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The CPS has confirmed the Liverpool fan arrested following the FA Cup tie against Oldham will not face any charges.

Oh dear, now stand by for all the knee jerk, anti establishment ranters to come out of the wood work. There obviously just wasn't sufficient evidence to secure a conviction but why let facts get in the way of a good rant...

Edited by Break The Silence

"....the high proportion of witness statements which tended to support the suspect's version of events." = "....all his mates stuck up for him." :grin:

I know who I believe, young Tom's reaction said it all. Proving it's obviously a different matter...

Precisely.

It makes Tom look like what some accused him of in the first place, a liar exploiting the Suarez case. Where I think it is more a case of Liverpool defending their own, if not and Tom did lie he should hang up his boots and make the move into acting, because that performance was top notch.

Evening News Linky

Full explanation of the decision.

Paraphrased: "one man's word against another with conflciting witness statements".

If this was the FA looking overr the proceedings the fan would have been charged and banned for life. Actual evidence is not needed in their case- it all depends on "the balance of probablity".

In terms of Adeyemi I don't think he would have lied on purpose or acted. I think it was in all likelihood a case of misunderstanding. He probably though he heard the fan call him a racist word but it was probably something else.

Edited by liverpoolfan

If this was the FA looking overr the proceedings the fan would have been charged and banned for life. Actual evidence is not needed in their case- it all depends on "the balance of probablity".

In terms of Adeyemi I don't think he would have lied on purpose or acted. I think it was in all likelihood a case of misunderstanding. He probably though he heard the fan call him a racist word but it was probably something else.

or he did hear a racist comment and probaly heard it correctly and liverpool fans have just stuck together and said they heard nothing!

It makes Tom look like what some accused him of in the first place, a liar exploiting the Suarez case. Where I think it is more a case of Liverpool defending their own, if not and Tom did lie he should hang up his boots and make the move into acting, because that performance was top notch.

maybe Adeyemi did mishear.

maybe he did call him "manc ...." not "black ....". not beyond the realms of possibility.

maybe the lad in question has got away with it.

we'll never know.

racial abuse or Adeyemi hearing it wrong, possibly partly down to the climate with Liverpool at the time - neither is good.

i certainly don't think Adeyemi lied.

[/b][/u]

or he did hear a racist comment and probaly heard it correctly and liverpool fans have just stuck together and said they heard nothing!

Yes out of the probably 20 or 30 fans in the vicinity all of them just banded together and not one told the truth. Sure. I'm just happy the police handled the case.

You're living in cloud cuckoo land. In all likelihood Adeyemi heard exactly what was shouted.

On the balance of probability, something naughty was shouted. To quote one journo's Twitter feed "A number of Liverpool fans backed up Adeyemi's allegation in statements to police, including one who was so upset she left ground".

But others state different, so it muddies the waters. Makes a "beyond reasonable doubt" prosecution difficult. I accept that there's little point wasting any more time and effort on it.

Don't try and kid yourself that something completely different happened though. It didn't. Only the deluded would think it did.

Any update on the monkey gestures in a recent game?

Edited by opinions4u

You're living in cloud cuckoo land.

On the balance of probability, something naughty was shouted. To quote one journo's Twitter feed "A number of Liverpool fans backed up Adeyemi's allegation in statements to police, including one who was so upset she left ground".

But others state different, so it muddies the waters. Makes a "beyond reasonable doubt" prosecution difficult.

Don't try and kid yourself that something completely different happened.

Any update on the monkey gestures in a recent game?

Sure I'm the one living in cuckoo land. You want to believe that something happened so bad that you are trying to make it sound like a fact.

According to the same journalist the alleged supporter was considered guilty before the mattered had even been handled by the police. And that bit about the woman leaving the ground. He is the one and only person who has claimed that happened.

And on your last bit I think I'm more than happy with the police handling the case. Or do you want to set up your own panel to deal with it?

Sure I'm the one living in cuckoo land. You want to believe that something happened so bad that you are trying to make it sound like a fact.

I don't see any other explanation for the sequence of events that gets us to where we are. This is not a case of trying to get one over on another team. It could have happened at any football ground in the country. Indeed, Bellamy's Welshness and parentage were commented on at the other end of the ground that same night. More than once (although probably because he was a class above anybody else on the pitch rather than being Welsh as such, not that it makes things any better).

But allegation made. Clearly backed up by some (Liverpool supporting) witnesses. Refuted by others. Doesn't leave a criminal case much room for manoeuvre.

According to the same journalist the alleged supporter was considered guilty before the mattered had even been handled by the police. And that bit about the woman leaving the ground. He is the one and only person who has claimed that happened.

I'm told the CCTV evidence backs it up. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't.

And on your last bit I think I'm more than happy with the police handling the case. Or do you want to set up your own panel to deal with it?

Nah, it was a cheap shot. Before I read your reply I actually edited my post slightly regarding the closure of the Adeyemi case. I'd feel the same about MonkeyGate or whatever you want to call it.

As for the FA commission and Suarez, I still don't get the feelings of persecution at Liverpool FC. He admitted what he said.

I would expect Adeyemi to stand by his allegation. I would expect Oldham Athletic to back their man. But I think both will do it in such a way that accepts the process has run its course and allow for dignity on all sides.

In a certain other case Liverpool FC and their player never quite got round to doing that properly.

Edited by opinions4u

Well, it is never going to be proven one way or another now.

The reports coming out from all and sundry at the time did appear to be a bit over exaggerated. But, I doubt Adeyemi made it up or heard wrongly. It's just very hard to beleive that is the case.

What did happen is Liverpool made a rod for their own back by condoning racism, something they have still failed to condemn in the Suarez case - and with that have given their moronic fringe (that all clubs have) carte blanche to come up with racist abuse at games (in the eyes of the aforementioned lunatic fringe).

Of course it is better that the police handle these matters, but I'm afraid it does look like the fans in the kop are like the club in general. All words until it is one of their own - and then racism is just words. Not meant that way. Never said it anyway...

I don't see any other explanation for the sequence of events that gets us to where we are. This is not a case of trying to get one over on another team. It could have happened at any football ground in the country. Indeed, Bellamy's Welshness and parentage were commented on at the other end of the ground that same night. More than once (although probably because he was a class above anybody else on the pitch rather than being Welsh as such, not that it makes things any better).

But allegation made. Clearly backed up by some (Liverpool supporting) witnesses. Refuted by others. Doesn't leave a criminal case much room for manoeuvre.

I'm told the CCTV evidence backs it up. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't.

Nah, it was a cheap shot. Before I read your reply I actually edited my post slightly regarding the closure of the Adeyemi case. I'd feel the same about MonkeyGate or whatever you want to call it.

As for the FA commission and Suarez, I still don't get the feelings of persecution at Liverpool FC. He admitted what he said.

I would expect Adeyemi to stand by his allegation. I would expect Oldham Athletic to back their man. But I think both will do it in such a way that accepts the process has run its course and allow for dignity on all sides.

In a certain other case Liverpool FC and their player never quite got round to doing that properly.

The enhanced CCTV footage did back up the supporters version of events (that he called him a Manc bastard and Adeyemi misunderstood). It is written in the police statement.

And no unlike what the media would have you believe Suarez did NOT admit to racially abusing Evra. He admitted to using the word "negrito" once in the conversation not the alleged 7 times by Evra. I believe I wrote a huge reply to the Suarez case a few months back on this forum which no one could reply back to so I suggest you go look that up in my posts if you want to know my opinion on the matter.

The enhanced CCTV footage did back up the supporters version of events (that he called him a Manc bastard and Adeyemi misunderstood). It is written in the police statement.

And no unlike what the media would have you believe Suarez did NOT admit to racially abusing Evra. He admitted to using the word "negrito" once in the conversation not the alleged 7 times by Evra. I believe I wrote a huge reply to the Suarez case a few months back on this forum which no one could reply back to so I suggest you go look that up in my posts if you want to know my opinion on the matter.

First of all, why are you on our board? You won't find any Latics talking out of their backside on that RAWK nonsense.

Secondly, stop defending Suarez. Your club has already dragged itself through the mud for long enough on this subject; your idiotic manager and classless playing staff have shown your club's true colours.

The recent actions of your fans; the 'Monkey Gesture' bloke and the one who called Adeyemi a 'Manc Bastard' (my arse) reinforces what everyone in football knows: Liverpool Football Club are an embarrassment and a disgrace to this country.

Always the victims, it's never your fault.

Was there a microphone position next to this lad who shouted abuse? I should imagine not so how can the judge say nothing was said.

Same old with the self pity city liverpool supporters.

and Oh they are racists. I have heard it for myself when I have been to Anfield and i have been a fair few times with hubby.

LFC = RACISTS!!!

Rotten to the core.

But say anything about then and they start with their bloody bile.

Janet

Yes out of the probably 20 or 30 fans in the vicinity all of them just banded together and not one told the truth. Sure. I'm just happy the police handled the case.

well there you go, im quite sure 20 or 30 people didnt hear a thing that was said by one person to another in what may have been a fairly loud atmosphere 1 or 2, 3 or 4 maybe but 20 to 30???

but 20 or 30 still came forward and said that nothing racist was said at all,and they heard something else

so YES,if 20 to 30 people came forward then yes they are sticking together!

Well, it is never going to be proven one way or another now.

The reports coming out from all and sundry at the time did appear to be a bit over exaggerated. But, I doubt Adeyemi made it up or heard wrongly. It's just very hard to beleive that is the case.

What did happen is Liverpool made a rod for their own back by condoning racism, something they have still failed to condemn in the Suarez case - and with that have given their moronic fringe (that all clubs have) carte blanche to come up with racist abuse at games (in the eyes of the aforementioned lunatic fringe).

Of course it is better that the police handle these matters, but I'm afraid it does look like the fans in the kop are like the club in general. All words until it is one of their own - and then racism is just words. Not meant that way. Never said it anyway...

Or, the worst i've read from their lot, Adeyemi 'playing the race card'.