Rueben Reid

Holden, Milligan, Henry, Adams......problem solved!!!!!!!

They were all decent players but not world beaters,,,,,the middle two worked their socks off for 90 minutes and the wingers did what wingers are supposed to do ..... get to the by-line and cross the ball!!!

I know mate, I was there.

It is but a pipe dream now :disappointed:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he needs match fitness why didn't he play for the reserves during the week ?

Spot on, but the answer is he is struggling to make any effort in first team games IMO.

The fact is that Reid does not want it enough for me, if he did he would be going through extra training and such to get himself back to fitness quicker and putting a lot more in during games.

There has been praise off a few on here "because he chose to take a pay cut to stay with Latics" - he didn't he was forced to take a pay cut because nobody else wanted him and he was able to take us up on a ludicrous clause!

I am sorry for all those who think that he is the striker for us, unfortunately for those that do....... come what May I think he will be binned off........... and if his effort to keep trim / get fit quicker is anything to go by, he only has himself to blame!

Reid has admitted that he is wary of his injury recurring, and doesn't want to be out for such a long time again after having a couple of setbacks. He has said that he is trying to adapt his game to avoid the injury returning. I therefore think his problem is more psychological, and until he realises that his injury is cured, he will not be playing to his best ability.

:lol::lol::lol:

It never ceases to amaze me on this board when some people claim to "understand" more about these matters!

I have been a Latics fan all my life and I am 41, I have played at a decent level (Saturdays & Sundays) and come from a family where my grandad was a professional, my dad was a semi pro for a while and my cousin played in the Premiership and at international level for Northern Ireland (I agree they are :censored:e before anyone feels the need to take the piss).

I reckon that makes me capable to ask the question "not fit or can't be bothered" (as you state).

Reid has been in the squad for the last 10 matches of which he has started 6 and been sub in 2! How much more game time shall we give him before you want to question whether we have rushed him back too quickly? :petesake:

At 41 your no longer a lad, Lancyoldman