Square pegs in round holes

Saw it again yesterday with the infective Simpson.

The KMB situation is baffling, if he's good enough he should play, needs must in the Latics current situation.

Edited by BP1960

Agree completely - was going to post about this on the match thread.

Whatever KMB's done behind the scenes, if its so bad that he's out of the squad he should have his contract terminated. Otherwise, give him a bollocking/final warning and let him make up for it on the pitch.

You don't drop a player to punish them. You drop them if they're not performing.

I was all ready to disagree but that last post changed my mind. Sack him or play him (or at least bench him), but dropping him isn't helping anyone.

This may raise some eyebrows, but if KMB isn't to be considered put Kirk Millar on the right wing and Simpson with Bunn up front.(Kuqi rested).

I would not play Hughes as having seen him rarely shine for the reserves IMO he should be behind Millar in the pecking order.

Edited by BP1960

This may raise some eyebrows, but if KMB isn't to be considered put Kirk Millar on the right wing and Simpson with Bunn up front.(Kuqi rested).

I would not play Hughes as having seen him rarely shine for the reserves IMO he should be behind Miller in the pecking order.

I think we definitely need someone who will attack the opposition's full back on each wing. Morais does it on the right and KMB was good at it on the left. Millar isn't a bad shout either.

Tomorrow, I'd like to see Simpson and Tonks start up front. Simpson's wasted out wide and I'd like to see Kuqi tried as a Kevin Phillips-esque impact player - having Kuqi available to come off the bench is one hell of an option as a back-up plan.

Anything a little bit different has to be worth a try, though...

Edited by JoeP

What has kmb actually done? But I have to agree, play him! Fine him wages or a warning, why let the team suffer, he's a cracking little player!

Not letting him play is probably the best thing look at like this if your a player in the squad you've been training hard all week showing the right attitude and you get overlooked for someone who acts like a tool then your going to be pretty demoralised. We have already seen with the incident against scunthorpe that KMB can be a liability on the pitch we were up against a card happy ref yesterday would someone like that would have lasted the whole 90 minutes? By keeping him here rather than binning off we are still leaving the door open for him give him the chance to change his ways, but if he hasn't by the end of the season then bin him.

Not letting him play is probably the best thing look at like this if your a player in the squad you've been training hard all week showing the right attitude and you get overlooked for someone who acts like a tool then your going to be pretty demoralised. We have already seen with the incident against scunthorpe that KMB can be a liability on the pitch we were up against a card happy ref yesterday would someone like that would have lasted the whole 90 minutes? By keeping him here rather than binning off we are still leaving the door open for him give him the chance to change his ways, but if he hasn't by the end of the season then bin him.

How do we know what he's like in training, shouldn't the club end all this speculation ?

I am pretty sure he could have done a far better job from the bench against 9 men than Hughes.

Edited by BP1960

How do we know what he's like in training, shouldn't the club end all this speculation ?

I am pretty sure he could have done a far better job from the bench against 9 men than Hughes.

Well he must be be doing something wrong and if he is its best kept in house why should they come out an do their dirty laundry in public.

Saw it again yesterday with the infective Simpson.

The KMB situation is baffling, if he's good enough he should play, needs must in the Latics current situation.

That's what really disappoints me with PD, When we first got Simpson he played him wide and he was just ok.

Then against Preston away he changed him to play just behind the front players.

Whether this was by accident or planned change of tactics because we were 2 down i don't know but it worked.

He was a totally different player and for the next few months Simpson was probably our best player .

He gets injured and when he comes back where do we put him , out wide.

WHAT is PD thinking , either plain stupid , totally niave or just can't see it i don't know but it's decisions like that that make me wonder if he will ever make it as a manager !!

On current form the answer is a resounding NO.

Edited by losesome

That's what really disappoints me with PD, When we first got Simpson he played him wide and he was just ok.

Then against Preston away he changed him to play just behind the front players.

Whether this was by accident or planned change of tactics because we were 2 down i don't know but it worked.

He was a totally different player and for the next few months Simpson was probably our best player .

He gets injured and when he comes back where do we put him , out wide.

WHAT is PD thinking , either plain stupid , totally niave or just can't see it i don't know but it's decisions like that that make me wonder if he will ever make it as a manager !!

On current form the answer is a resounding NO.

So where will he play Simpson against Sheffield Wednesday ?

Edited by BP1960

Ludicrous decision to move Simpson out wide , he's not a wide player.

He's not quick enough trapped against a touch line.

He can turn both ways , move & pass , shoot & cross a ball ,but he doesn't run past players imo.

All the space avaiable as the game went on with 3 players missing , the manager should have moved him to the centre & let him look to set up a goal.

It's like watching rabbits in headlights at the moment.

I dread to think of what bizarre formation we start with tomorrow for the latest episode of Oldham Nil.

Ludicrous decision to move Simpson out wide , he's not a wide player.

He's not quick enough trapped against a touch line.

Noticed on tw@tter he said he was a bit down today.

Hat-trick v Chesterfield, 30 yarder v Chesterfield in the JPT and THAT goal at Anfield....just a few reasons to feel better!

Who else do we put out wide then.... That can reliably do a good job against a good side?

Wide men options; (genuine wingers in bold)

Simpson

Morais

KMB

Winchester

Bunn

Hughes

Winchester

Millar

Mellor

Lee

Edited by BP1960