Grand National 2012

Backed 3 ante post a fortnight ago

West End Rocker @ 18/1

Always Right @ 33/1

Shakalakaboomboom @ 20/1

I think Shakalakaboomboom's chances have gone for a burton with the weather.

Will stick a tenner ew on something on the day. One of West end rocker, Becauseicouldntsee or Le Beau Bai

Anyone else had anything yet?

I backed ballabriggs weeks ago at 16/1........had it last year too and was impressed so had to stick with it.

Unfortunately i've also had west end rocker .....got 12/1.......wish i'd waited till i saw your tips pukka :grin:

I also fancy becauseicouldn'tsee as my ew shout

I have a sneaky feeling that something might come out of the pack and surprise in the national this year. Thats why I have gone for always right. Finished 2nd/3rd quite recently in the scottish national and made up ground finishing well.

Mon Mome was fancied to do well in 2008 and did nowt. Wasn't mentioned in 2009 and won it. Red Marauder similarly in 2000/01. The Midnight Club was last years favourite and is 33/1 this year. I'm not backing it as I say, but I think it will do alright and could run into a place.

giles cross

Been told by the office tipster that's a great e/w bet, IF it rains (no rain here today or yesterday). If it doesn't rain, Junior will apparently 'piss it' if it clears Bechers. Personally i'm a little sceptical at the idea of any horse 'pissing' the National but he put money on it in January so he's obviously confident.