Golden Whiplash

Any news on this 'ere compensation Corney promised season ticket holders following the Golden Ticket announcement? Not that bothered about claiming; more intrigued to see what he offers...

Discounted tickets to Bury and Rochdale, innit.

What more do you want?

Discounted tickets to Bury and Rochdale, innit.

What more do you want?

I know you were talking tongue in cheek but many think it might be that, but it can't be. Otherwise that'd be a "reward" for people buying next year not last.

I'm pretty sure there won't be anything else. The club would have taken a hit on the GT offer anyway, why would they seek to increase their losses by then giving additional money away.

When I bought my season ticket last year, I didn't include a caveat to say that I'd want compensation should any additional offers be made during the course of the season. I bought it for convenience and a small cost savings (on various things not necessarily associated with the pay-on-day price of match entry to league matches).

I have a lot of sympathy with the club who seemed to be "damned when they do and damned when they don't" when it comes try and do something proactive to improve our position. I should imagine they spend most of the day headbutting walls out of frustration.

im not a season ticket holder but i pay on the gate every home game and have for the last 2 years

previous to that I have had season tickets on and off for the last 20 odd years but have very rarley missed home games

if i pay on the door every week then generaly i pay more than your average season ticket holder over a season

i bought my golden ticket on the monday before the first game on the tuesday and then messed up my knee so badley playing football that evening that ive barley been able to leave the house never mind attend the football...which is killing me by the way as i love going to Latics, good bad or indifferent.

i would have paid full price but the offer was there, so what compensation do i get? what can i claim?

yes i bought the ticket before the games, like a season ticket holder did and i didnt expect these events to occur but surley i can get something back from the club i support because some other fans got something i didnt!

thats what its about isnt it? complain that the club doesnt make offers to fans to boost the crowds and in turn make extra money to help the business which is in serious financial peril......and then try to get :censored: for free!

Compensation has been offered and that's the club's fault and the club's fault alone. Taking the club up on whatever this compensation may/may not be is another issue altogether.

We have to take into consideration that not all season ticket holders were completely happy with the whole Golden Ticket situation and they are well within their rights to moan and groan.

If the club regret even mentioning the 'c' word, why not come out and apologise for promising something they can't financially provide? Why mislead the core? Customer service anyone?

Put the issue to bed.

It was always going to be a case of Golden Tickets for the part timers and a Golden Shower for the hardcore.

Not neccesserily! I have missed 1 home game all season but don't have a season ticket. I feel i was rewarded during the golden ticket period and it also enabled me to afford to attend all those march games aswell as sheff u and dale. And just as a side note the 1 game i missed was the orient game during the gy offer due to work commitments

Not neccesserily! I have missed 1 home game all season but don't have a season ticket. I feel i was rewarded during the golden ticket period and it also enabled me to afford to attend all those march games aswell as sheff u and dale. And just as a side note the 1 game i missed was the orient game during the gy offer due to work commitments

It's season ticket snobbery. If you Pay on the gate for whatever reason, your a "part timer".

It's season ticket snobbery. If you Pay on the gate for whatever reason, your a "part timer".

not at all. i applaud those who go every week and pay on the day. at the start of the season you effectively plan to spend more than a season ticket holder during the course of the season.

but how many of those who did buy golden tickets were people who dont go to most matches anyway? id guess very few. the point of the frustration amongst season ticket holders is that the offer was aimed at those who rarely attend, but have seamingly been handed a 55 pound saving when compared to season ticket holders over the course of the five games.

If there was a way to prove you have attended 20 games a season pay on the day, im all for giving the last 3 games free or something like that, rewarding your loyalty, but to put an offer on which leaves your season ticket holders out of pocket is ridiculous.

i still believe they should bring back the old membership scheme or something similar. i know for sure i would take that up next year if i could

not at all. i applaud those who go every week and pay on the day. at the start of the season you effectively plan to spend more than a season ticket holder during the course of the season.

but how many of those who did buy golden tickets were people who dont go to most matches anyway? id guess very few. the point of the frustration amongst season ticket holders is that the offer was aimed at those who rarely attend, but have seamingly been handed a 55 pound saving when compared to season ticket holders over the course of the five games.

If there was a way to prove you have attended 20 games a season pay on the day, im all for giving the last 3 games free or something like that, rewarding your loyalty, but to put an offer on which leaves your season ticket holders out of pocket is ridiculous.

i still believe they should bring back the old membership scheme or something similar.

i know for sure i would take that up next year if i could

Prior to the golden ticket I think I attended Stevenage, Bury, Southend, Tranmere if i remember correctly, very much part time. So the golden ticket was aimed at fans like me and it worked. It got me back into the habit of going and I now have intentions of buying a ST for the first time in 4 years. That's an extra £308 in the coffers through enticing me back with the GT.

How can ST holders be upset at winning fans back?

Prior to the golden ticket I think I attended Stevenage, Bury, Southend, Tranmere if i remember correctly, very much part time. So the golden ticket was aimed at fans like me and it worked. It got me back into the habit of going and I now have intentions of buying a ST for the first time in 4 years. That's an extra £308 in the coffers through enticing me back with the GT.

How can ST holders be upset at winning fans back?

Like you say you are the exact type of fan it was aimed at, and im glad its worked. but for every type of fan like you i could probably name 10 who bought a GT and have no intention of going to another game until the next big game, cheap game.

because if the club says people will be compensated, they should announce something sooner rather than later rather than have people wondering. if it does turn out to be the rochdale burry tickets then quite frankly the club is taking the piss out of the season ticket holder they would have been better giving nowt

As I said before I very much doubt it is that as that's for people buying a ST next season. So if someone wasnt renewing it wouldn't be compensating them. Agree though if it actually is that then it'd be ridiculous.

because if the club says people will be compensated, they should announce something sooner rather than later rather than have people wondering. if it does turn out to be the rochdale burry tickets then quite frankly the club is taking the piss out of the season ticket holder they would have been better giving nowt

The club aren't taking the piss, they're trying to generate interest so that there'll still be a club to support. As a ST holder, I'm not waiting for anything in compensation as I have my head around the fact that we need to be subsidised by Corney as our operating costs outweigh our general income.

FFS, we've got 4 games to try and stay up and yet have just had to send a player back to his parent club t save on an additional months wages and yet people want the club to be handing cash back or some other scheme?

The club aren't taking the piss, they're trying to generate interest so that there'll still be a club to support. As a ST holder, I'm not waiting for anything in compensation as I have my head around the fact that we need to be subsidised by Corney as our operating costs outweigh our general income.

FFS, we've got 4 games to try and stay up and yet have just had to send a player back to his parent club t save on an additional months wages and yet people want the club to be handing cash back or some other scheme?

thats not my point. either the club give out a proper compensation package, or they do nowt. quite frankly i would prefer nothing. if the club cant afford a proper compensation package then fair enough but to offer something so meaningless and useless IS taking the piss.

Its like offering an eskimo a freezer to keep his beer cold. It will never get used.

They would have been better off giving free entry to all of next years pre season friendlies instead of just 1. least it would be used, would be free of cost to the club, and wouldnt be asking us to fork out yet more money to someone elses club!

If this is a stand alone offer then fair play to the three clubs for taking a different approach.

if it is compensation the club is taking the piss

either way, the club is at fault for not making it clear either way, resulting in us having this debate in the first place.

This type of thread kind of sums up Oldham fans, and perhaps many other football fans also. ST holders still had a bigger saving than those who paid on the day every game, even with the GT. Compensation was muted but never confirmed, the club is on its arse and losing money quicker than Charlie Sheen on a bender, the prices for next season's ST has been frozen even though the cost of running the club has gone up. Corney should thanked for keeping the club afloat not barracked for not rewarding those who aren't bothered about a reward.

Compensation shouldnt have been mentioned UNTIL it was confirmed. stopping speculation.

While Corney does have form for "foot in mouth" syndrome, at least it shows he was considering the impact on season ticket holders when making offers available to others.

Seriously, I got my Liverpool tickets with ease, I've saved a wedge in the club shop, my mate got in to a game for a fiver and Corney came up with an initiative to make sure I wasn't sat on my own in the RRE.

Let's move on.

This type of thread kind of sums up Oldham fans, and perhaps many other football fans also. ST holders still had a bigger saving than those who paid on the day every game, even with the GT. Compensation was muted but never confirmed, the club is on its arse and losing money quicker than Charlie Sheen on a bender, the prices for next season's ST has been frozen even though the cost of running the club has gone up. Corney should thanked for keeping the club afloat not barracked for not rewarding those who aren't bothered about a reward.

Only if they bought it in the discount period. A full price season ticket cost more than paying on the day for every game with the GT.

Only if they bought it in the discount period. A full price season ticket cost more than paying on the day for every game with the GT.

But even those who payed after the discount got 10% off in shop, first refusal at anfield etc.. Swings and roundabouts.

But even those who payed after the discount got 10% off in shop, first refusal at anfield etc.. Swings and roundabouts.

Not really. ST holders are around £30 worse off. You'd have to have spent £300 in the club shop for that 10% to be worthwhile. Pretty certain no-one struggled with Liverpool tickets who wanted them.