Which centre backs do you want playing for Latics next season?

158 members have voted

1. 1. M'Voto

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Diamond

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Reece Brown

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Tarkowski

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Nathan Clarke

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. Belezika

• Yes
    • No
  7. 7. Matt D Carr

• Yes
    • No

I voted no for Tarkowski & the other two youngsters on the basis that in an ideal world, we'd have enough experienced CBs to send them all out on loan, of course this cannot be the case - but I think Tarky especially could use some time in L2.

I'd be happy to have all that lot with the youngsters going out on loan.

Clarke was steady and I don't think its any coincidence that our defensive form has dropped greatly since he left.

Diamond is a good player so I voted yes but it may be worth getting rid due to his injuries.

Must agree about diamond but hes the only one that puts his body on the line

I say keep zander we have missed him

If he doesn't stop then we need a leader

I feel terribly sorry for Zander, he is brave and committed, and he has the right idea about Proddies, but I just don't think he is likely to play enough games to justify a wage and it's not a position where you want to be chopping and changing all the time.

For me, Diamond has to go based on his injury record.

Nothing personal against him, but Oldham can't afford to pay someone a first team wage for them to only play 22 games a season

He's played 31 games in all competitions this season and Furman has played only 26 (so can at most play 28) and Wes played 30. So I presume you are unhappy with Furman being kept on and would like to see Wes go.

He's played 31 games in all competitions this season and Furman has played only 26 (so can at most play 28) and Wes played 30. So I presume you are unhappy with Furman being kept on and would like to see Wes go.

But how many spells of absence? Anyone can get a bad injury, it's being prone to lots of them that is the worry. Must admit I'm surprised he's played that many mind you.

But how many spells of absence? Anyone can get a bad injury, it's being prone to lots of them that is the worry. Must admit I'm surprised he's played that many mind you.

I think its 7- but at least 3 of them were for a single game, one of which was probably a suspension. The 31 games won't include the 6 games in which he was an unused substitute either (i.e. was kept out of the team by others). Getting rid of Diamond because we can get better for cheaper, I don't mind, getting rid of him because he is injury prone is beyond harsh though.

I think its 7- but at least 3 of them were for a single game, one of which was probably a suspension. The 31 games won't include the 6 games in which he was an unused substitute either (i.e. was kept out of the team by others). Getting rid of Diamond because we can get better for cheaper, I don't mind, getting rid of him because he is injury prone is beyond harsh though.

7 absences in a year, and including lengthy ones, sees you in potential bother in a lot of lines of work. Even if it's for just one game and he comes straight back that's two changes to the CB partnership, or maybe more as he came off during games. If he is likely to be the same next season then that would be a good reason not to extend IMO.

For me I would let diamond go given his injury record. I was delighted when we signed him but he is cursed with niggly injuries. Nathan Clarke would be a great signing and I would pair him with mvoto.

Edited by welshgaz

For me we have had some good young CBs this season sadly there is the problem they are all young and Diamond has been injured.

I would like to bring in a 1st choice experienced CB

Have Mvoto and R Brown fight it out for the 2nd spot

Have Tarky as 4th choice - think he has potential but is not the superstar some make out when he comes into the side yet.

Belezika as 5th choice.

Think we really need some experience here and I feel Brown and Mvoto competing for one slot should keep both of them on their toes.

One of the few positives on saturday was seeing big jean open his mouth and organise the back line. Hes starting to become a bigger presence maybe hes more comfortable with the language now ? I think if he takes this into preseason hel be our clear first choice centre half going into what will be his fourth full season in league one .

I'd keep Diamond, Tarkowski, Belezika & MVoto.

Diamond is a good defender but can't stay injury-free. MVoto has been very poor for a good part of the season but shows promising signs every now and again. It's the amount of mistakes the defence makes every week that makes me think if we could replace Diamond & MVoto I would be happy.