Next Season

Next season league 1 is going to be a lot tighter, we are losing some of the big spending teams and replacing them with ones which are in money difficulties (donny pompey) plus the salary cap is going to enforced on this league and this will limit the likes of huddersfield with wages. This all makes it a better chance of staying up and pushing up the table if we keep hold of certain players and add some to it.

The owners bought the club to get a return on future land sales, which have hit the skids on this climate.

What about investing in players to make a return through developing potential and quality?

Taking Vardy and Fleetwood. Paid £150k, salary in our structure I reckon and then looking to sell for seven figures this summer. Better return than land sales.

Makes sense whilst keeping salaries in check.

If not SC investing personally then external investment via a business case to investors with development from TP, DF (if rumours true) making it happen.

The point I'm making is that our scouting, PDs contacts and our coaches in developing talent makes good business whilst keeping salary budgets in check.

It's an option, but a risky one. There's no guarantee players will turn into seven figure sales, and you have to have them under long enough contracts that they don't simply wait until they expire. And to sign a player you strongly believe will become a success you will be competing with everyone else who spotted the same thing.

We will finish about where we are this season. Progression is difficult with no money.

No money? We had the 12th biggest budget in league one this season. So realistically, fans and the board should expect us to finish around 12th, anything higher is a bonus.

Dickov needs to get players in pre-season, not after the season has started and trying to place them into the side then. Let them have time to gel and get used to each other's playing styles when the pressure isn't on in friendlies.

We will finish about where we are this season. Progression is difficult with no money.

Disagree! Dickov knows his pocket money to budget on for players, wages etc and so knows his limits. There are a variety of targets dickov could make including nicking a few from the clubs relegated and league 2.

The most important thing is, is he creates a squad with a combination of young and experienced players with chemistry to build on.

Our club isnt in the financial doom as is looked upon. We have a decent league one budget and can pay ok wages (kuqi and taylor).

Get this season out of the way, get the players not needed gone and build a framework. Im sure dickov has his targets already in mind and in so I would get them all signed up by start to mid july. That way, pre-season, tactics, shooting, defending, team building etc etc can be done ready for the 3 points on August 18th! (season starts later so im told)

We hit a bad run. Had the team got it together at that stage we'd have been playing a massive game on Saturday with an outside chance of sneaking in to the play offs. Had we carried on as is we'd have finished around 10th.

I do think tactically we've lost the plot though. A summer break can't come soon enough for Dickov to think through what's worked for him and what hasn't. build again Paul and get back to your passing principles with a bit more movement. Oh, and the dull :censored: like yesterday is fine - once we're a couple of goals ahead.

Injuries have been unkind. The manager has made mistakes. A couple of the players weren't good enough. It happens. With a small club like Latics it will happen again. But the margins between a poor season and a good season are quite narrow.

Simpson's last minute miss at Carlisle away, Simpson's non-goal at Bournemouth, disallowed goal at Dale, M'Voto's header at Bury, The referee blocking Adeyemi as Sheehan shot at Notts County, The win we deserved against Scunthorpe. I make that 11 points and 10th place. Combined with better attitude and better tactics and a left back another 8 points would have us placed 6th.

I know it's a stretch. I know you make your own luck in this game. I do think the league table tells the truth. But we should have got ourselves higher up the table. Top half should not have been beyond us. Bury managed it.

So did newly promoted Stevenage, at the start of the season I would have been happy with survival. By Christmas with a useful squad that had been belatedly been put together, anything less than a top half finish is a failure with this squad. Injuries have played a part but so have the limitations of the manager's ability….

No money? We had the 12th biggest budget in league one this season. So realistically, fans and the board should expect us to finish around 12th, anything higher is a bonus.

i disagree.

the manager is given the 12th biggest budget 12th should be a minimum standard.

he should then work his magic as a football manager to do better than this.

Simon Corney must be in the strangest position of any chairman in football.

He tells the fans the manager had a bigger budget than most would have anticipated, says it will reduce next season but only slightly yet many fans still contrive to make out Dickov is working with nothing but magic beans.

Budget Deniers.

All this 12th highest budget stuff is total bollocks.

We might have it at this very point with the amount of loan players we have pulled in but not for the full season. SC has done his usual trick of stretching things mid season.

Why not just set a budget and stick to it. If there is room give PD the cash in the summer rather than wait. We might not end up with a squad full of trial players and loanees.

Plus why on earth would other clubs let us know exactly what their budget is? Rivals for signings are going to tell us what they can and can't afford are they?