Attendance rise

Nonsense.

900 average x 23 = 20700 extra

Approximately 2500 extra per GT ticket game - 12500

20700-12500 = 8200 extra over the other 18 games

Average increase for non-GT games is 8200/18 = 455(.5)

So 455 extra per game. Even take into account slightly larger away attendances it still results in a small increase.

This boosted attendances and 101,958 fans passed through the turnstiles for the 23 home league games.

That was up 932 on the previous year as Latics averaged 4,432 for their home league fixtures compared to 4,392 the previous year.

I read that as attendances for the whole season are up 932, meaning up by only 40 on average per game?

take out the gt tickets where some games were up close to 1000, and its a dramatic loss?

My bad. That will teach me not to read the article properly! I thought it seemed like remarkably good news and was confused as to why it was being slanted in a bad way, even for here!

Tail firmly between legs.

Whilst we would have been lower than last season without the Golden Ticket, the real difference has been the addition of the Blades, PNE, Bury and Chesterfield. Plus we played Wednesday on a Saturday unlike last season's Tuesday.

900+ extra people through the gate over a season is poor though considering we had the golden ticket, which put about an extra 900 per game and increased away followings.

I think that despite the golden ticket, although we didn't loose as much money as the board would have you believe; our home takings will be increased this year by more than the 900 over a season increase would have you believe.

Attendances (real position in brackets):

1 (2) - Sheffield Wednesday

2 (3) - Sheffield United

3 (1) - Charlton

4 (4) - Huddersfield

5 (15) - Preston

6 (5) - MK Dons

7 (7) - Notts County

8 (22) - Chesterfield

9 (11) - Bournemouth

10 (9) - Brentford

11 (8) - Carlisle

12 (12) - Tranmere

13 (13) - Hartlepool

14 (21) - Wycombe

15 (23) - Exeter

16 (16) - Oldham

17 (18) - Scunthorpe

18 (20) - Orient

19 (19) - Walsall

20 (17) - Yeovil

21 (10) - Colchester

22 (6) - Stevenage

23 (14) - Bury

24 (24) - Rochdale

A few exceptions aside, rule proven!

We're also not doing too badly compared to Dale and Bury. There's a hell of a lot of competition in this corner of the country.

the real difference has been the addition of the Blades, PNE, Bury and Chesterfield. Plus we played Wednesday on a Saturday unlike last season's Tuesday.

Be very interesting to see the home attendance stats with away fans excluded.

May be a rise in attendance, but probably less income from the gates.

I think probably more, the GT games didn't loose as much money as Corney led us to believe, and Wednesday, Blades bringing close to 4000 and Hudds, Preston, Carlisle bringing over 1500 at higher prices will compensate and then some for reductions elsewhere.

My bad. That will teach me not to read the article properly! I thought it seemed like remarkably good news and was confused as to why it was being slanted in a bad way, even for here!

Tail firmly between legs.

AAAARRRRRRRGGHHHHH!.................If ever there was a phrase that pushes my buttons, this is it! :thumbsdown:

Where's the dislike button ?

Dont mean to be Mr Negative but this really is nothing to shout about, and I really don't know who the club are trying to kid with this

-The slight increase in the average attendance is probably down to a notable increase in away followings. for 2011/2012, League 1 lost 7 southern teams (3 promoted and 4 relegated) and gained three northern teams from league 1, two northern teams from league 2. I think this alone will have accounted for well over an extra 1000 away supporters paying through the door compared to 2010/2011.

A significant increase in the number of away fans coming through the gate, in a season which has seen a very small increase in the average attendance implies that the home support has probably noticeably dropped compared to 2010/2011. and if it wasn't for the Golden Ticket offer, I have no doubt the average would have been significantly lower than the 2010/2011 season.

Edited by Lookers_Carl