Come in number 14.

R.O.A.M

Warney  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Was it right that he was released?

• Yes, not enough end product.
    • Don't care. I trust Shez
    • No, should of kept him.

Have to agree. Had debates all season regarding Warney up and down the country :argue: . Definately can't fault him for effort, but when push came to shove he wasn't good enough IMO. Would certainly rather see him here than say Butcher or Branston, but if we want to be serious promotion contenders then Paul Warne as our 40 odd game striker would not be good enough.

Your time is up.

So who is to replace Warne?

Many thanks for your efforts Warney. Although I feel it was inevitable.

maybe the new deal he was offered reflected that shez only saw him as a squad player?

Methinks we could be seeing him again next season playing against us

I voted no. Only because he would serve as a back up player, in a squad sort of way.

Very valid point , rather have him off the bench than Mr Hall anyday of the week. However, seems like a non starter as he's been shown the door already 'allegidly'

Guest sheridans_world
Where does it says he's been released?

I can't find it!

AHEM. DITTO.

Where does it say this?

Guest oa_exile
Where does it says he's been released?

I can't find it!

he hasnt , that is R.O.A.M making up stories.........naughty , naughty ^_^

Have to agree. Had debates all season regarding Warney up and down the country :argue: . Definately can't fault him for effort, but when push came to shove he wasn't good enough IMO. Would certainly rather see him here than say Butcher or Branston, but if we want to be serious promotion contenders then Paul Warne as our 40 odd game striker would not be good enough.

Totally agree briefs, it's a sad day as you really can't fault the guys efforts. I just hope he gets fixed up with a club soon.

Totally agree briefs, it's a sad day as you really can't fault the guys efforts. I just hope he gets fixed up with a club soon.

Another one of the Ernie Cookseys of this world, great personality, 110% effort. Such a shame, hopefully he'll get a decent final pay day somewhere to see out his days. Like people said would be a great acquistion for Dale, but I see him possibly back at Millmoor.

To be honest with you thought he would have been a good, cheap squad player. Someone that could come in and fill numerous different positions if called upon. We don't know the ins and outs however.

I have to say it's a good decision. You can't fault the guy for effort but if we offered him a squad role, I don't think his heart would still be in it. Very brave of Shez to make the decision- I bet it wouldn't have been easy. Nice to know he can be ruthless when he has to!

To be honest with you thought he would have been a good, cheap squad player. Someone that could come in and fill numerous different positions if called upon. We don't know the ins and outs however.

Guess he may of thought his days as a pro are limited so didn't want to bench warm, like you say anybodys guess.

Guest oa_exile
he hasnt , that is R.O.A.M making up stories.........naughty , naughty ^_^

ROAM Had inside information & I guess by now you knew Blayney & Charlie have been binned.

Let yar off then :grin:

To be honest with you thought he would have been a good, cheap squad player.

Would he have been cheap?,Would he want to be a squad player?,I don't think so.Good luck Warney always 110%

warney has always said that all he wants to do is play football, so i am sure that if he would only have been a squad player he would have prefered to have moved on anyway.

thanks tho warney! all the best and good luck!

To be honest with you thought he would have been a good, cheap squad player.

Would he have been cheap?,Would he want to be a squad player?,I don't think so.Good luck Warney always 110%

He would have been reasonably cheap yes, compared with other players that Shez has his eyes on, I dont know.....as for him being the squad player obv like I said the ins and outs of that we dont know. From what the poster above stating what warne has stated obviously not then. Good luck warney!

He would have been reasonably cheap yes, compared with other players that Shez has his eyes on, I dont know.....as for him being the squad player obv like I said the ins and outs of that we dont know. From what the poster above stating what warne has stated obviously not then. Good luck warney!

Not good enough, ran his heart out all day. But is no threat, finishing is poor and has no pace.

If we want to move forward, players like Warne needed to go, good decision Shez.

On another note, It looks as though Edwards' performance on Saturday saved him for being released, its a shame Warne couldn't have done something similar.

Pretty much as expected that lot.

Wasn't too sure on Stam and Edwards getting deals (last time I try and read Shez's mind!) but they I think they'll both sign up.

Nothing too shocking in Blayney going. Charlton had a good season here, maybe tailed off after one too many injuries but overall he's been good. Warne, I think was shocked himself to be playing so much. Wellens said at the forum that even Warney himself was amazed at how many games he'd been playing. Good luck to him wherever he goes. Maybe could have done with a few more goals from him but if they'd all put in as much effort as he did, we'd be up now.

Its a shame as i thought he ran his heart out for the club but then again if we want to be serious promotion contenders a better finisher in the box is probably for the best. Shame we couldnt of had a game/or chance to know before the end of our season to send him off properly.

On another note, as suggested by my mate, i wonder how many other clubs this season release their player of the season?? lol not a dig on the club like

Edited by Oafc88

On another note, It looks as though Edwards' performance on Saturday saved him for being released, its a shame Warne couldn't have done something similar.

i think edwards' performances this season especially before getting injured and the fact that he has pace something we desperately lack have got him the new contract, not just his performance in the last game of the season!A lot of people in my view have given Edwards unwarranted stick i thought he was playing v well before he got injured early on in the season and then never got a chance to win his place back properly.