Kirk Miller stays

I bloke who sits near me was saying "If he gets a contract it shows how bad we are. He'd be let go at every other league 1 club". Not sure I'm that harsh on him, but this is a big season for him. Hope he's up to it.

I think he has been very poor every time i have seen him! He has not even shown glimpses of being a decent player - i would have got rid when we could.

Having said that, maybe i am living in the past as to the quality of players i expect to see at BP!!!

He played reasonably well last ame of the season.

Upto then I'd never really thought e could make the grade.

Hope he succeeds.

Agreed. Was pleasantly surprised with his performance in that game as hadn't really noticed anything previously. However, even without seeing that game, the management obviously think he has something about him otherwise he'd have been released so his signing can only be positive.

I liked him when he broke into the squad at 17 and thought we had a good player on our hands. But i think he epitomises how scary this season is going to be. In the last two seasons when for long periods of time we have struggled to create chances he only made the squad when we a desperate with injuries. At any other side in our league he would have been released on that basis, and yet we have given him a 1 year deal. Cheap, probably. Good enough to be a squad to survive, im not sure.

Big heart, cracking work ethic, lots of bottle.......if he builds on the Bury & in particular Carlisle performances - there's a player there.

Lots to do on his final ball, but I'm happy with this deal, decent to have around the squad.

Hopefully Simpson, Morais & M'Changama follow

At Bury, IMO one of the few, along with M'Changama, to actually want the ball.....and when he didnt get it ( which wasn't a lot; we didnt get hold of the ball, and when we did; we didnt put it out to the flanks) he went to try and find it. Worked very hard for very little return in seeing the ball.

Bury performance for the workrate & effort; Carlisle for again for the workrate but also for the fact that he saw more of the ball & used it very well when he had it.

Those performances can be built upon IMO.

The kids no world beater. But PD wants players who will run through brick walls. One of them has just signed a deal IMO. Decent signing again.

#manageexpectations

Edited by slystallone

saw him warming up at mossley pre-season last year so wasn't too far away and he seemed to have bulked up a touch. Was expecting a few more appearances this year to be honest.

I think he's got something.....at the end of the day, 15/16 apearances (mostly as sub) isn't enough for him to settle properly. Its the issue we've seen with brooke, bemobo, and multiple others.....as 17/18 year olds, we can't seem to get them out on loan to half decent sides to get games under there belts