Simpson Signs!

Big, big signing this for us.

Play him as we did during his loan spell and we've just managed to bag a top-draw (for our level) player.

Out on the left wing as he was used towards the end of the season and - well; hmmmm.

Very happy with this news though; very happy indeed. Cracking stuff. The spine of the side is taking shape now.

Welcome back (again) Robbie!

Despite my drunken ramblings on Saturday night I was convinced he would stay, great news as long as we get the guy who was a revelation between September-February. He sounds up for it so well pleased we've kept hold off Wes and Simmo. Hope Morais signs now. Kuqi, grateful for the goals but there's more effective out there imo.

Excellent news. If Kuqi goes, who would we like up front with Simmo in the no10 role? Provided that's where he plays, of course, as he's said it's his favourite position. Would The Tonk be the right man if we get him? It's all gone a bit quiet on the striker front, so maybe the Flying Finn is staying after all. Just want the Flip Flap Fil who finished the season so well and we'll be reet.

Fantastic news .

We can build the team around Simpson (please , please , please no more playing him as a winger Mr Manager) , with the quality of Furman and Wesolowski behind him .

The start of what could be a very good team , let's hope we can keep the quality up elsewhere in the team.

Really didn't expect all three of Wes, Deano and Robbie to sign so well done Latics! We can build an attacking strategy around them and I think it allows us to give a young prospect of a striker to play on the last defender and express themselves, be it Taylor, Tonk or A.N.Other.

Also I'm really happy that Simpson has taken our offer over a better financial package. If he had played in other systems throughout his career as well as he has in our system in the middle of last season he wouldn't be playing at our level, so it's good that he appreciates the benefits that we offer.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh