Oldham Cosmopolitan

We've had topics in the past about Latics' players from overseas, and in the last 20 years "foreigners" have become commonplace.

I thought Darren McDonough (born in Antwerp) and Dougie Anderson ( b Hong Kong) were exotic!

But the precedents were set , as far as I can find out over 100 years ago. In 1908 William Andrews , born in Kansas City, made his debut. Born in the USA he later got 3 caps for Ireland.

And in 1912 George Hunter played his first match - hailing from Peshawar , India. Is he the only Indian we've ever had?

Just as a short quiz. which Latics players were born in the following places? All played in the last 25 years for you young ones....

1. Orlando, USA

2. Durban, SA

3. Fredrikstad, Norway

4. Odense, Denmark

5. Armidale, Australia

Edited by LaticsPete

We've had topics in the past about Latics' players from overseas, and in the last 20 years "foreigners" have become commonplace.

I thought Darren McDonough (born in Antwerp) and Dougie Anderson ( b Hong Kong) were exotic!

But the precedents were set , as far as I can find out over 100 years ago. In 1908 William Andrews , born in Kansas City, made his debut. Born in the USA he later got 3 caps for Ireland.

And in 1912 George Hunter played his first match - hailing from Peshawar , India. Is he the only Indian we've ever had?

Just as a short quiz. which Latics players were born in the following places? All played in the last 25 years for you young ones....

1. Orlando, USA

2. Durban, SA

3. Fredrikstad, Norway

4. Odense, Denmark

5. Armidale, Australia

Winston Dubose

Dean Furaman

Tore Pederson

1. Orlando, USA

2. Durban, SA

3. Fredrikstad, Norway

4. Odense, Denmark

5. Armidale, Australia

1 Paul rachubka?

2 Dean furman?

3 Gunnar Halle?

5 poggers?

As some of the finest minds on OWTB have tried and failed, the answer to the last plsyer, born in the Aussie town of Armidale , is the fan's favourite.....

Alex Kyratzoglou !!

One appearance as sub, v Millwall (a) 1997-8.