Morais Scores For Stevenage

I am still baffled that he found a club stupid enough to give him a three year deal!

Why? Thought he settled in nicely here? Knuckled down eventually and became a better player for it. Decent league 1 player IMO.

They did when clubs could afford it. Stevenage obviously can?

Why would a decent player want one? If he did really well the contract would be a great big block against getting a move anywhere better. It's insurance for the player against being crap. He will surely be on a low wage for the division to have got three years, although I'm not blaming him if that's what makes sense for him and his personal situation

Why would a decent player want one? If he did really well the contract would be a great big block against getting a move anywhere better. It's insurance for the player against being crap. He will surely be on a low wage for the division to have got three years, although I'm not blaming him if that's what makes sense for him and his personal situation

Why would a decent league 1 player sign a 3 year contract with a decent league 1 side? Seems obvious to me. The wage can't be that low, he rejected us after all.

Why would a decent league 1 player sign a 3 year contract with a decent league 1 side? Seems obvious to me. The wage can't be that low, he rejected us after all.

The signing club would want to discount against the risk of him having a long term injury, turning out to be :censored: or throwing a mard and being a waste of a wage thereby. Little prospect on the other hand of getting any worthwhile fee if he turns out good, so why not just sign another freebie on better wages each year?

The signing club would want to discount against the risk of him having a long term injury, turning out to be :censored: or throwing a mard and being a waste of a wage thereby. Little prospect on the other hand of getting any worthwhile fee if he turns out good, so why not just sign another freebie on better wages each year?

Could be on as basic wage, then appearance fee, goal and assist bonuses etc added on top.

Or, they could be like us and announce as a however long deal, but at the end of the season it turns out the club and player can extend it for the extra year(s) that was initally said.

Could be on as basic wage, then appearance fee, goal and assist bonuses etc added on top.

Or, they could be like us and announce as a however long deal, but at the end of the season it turns out the club and player can extend it for the extra year(s) that was initally said.

True, there are all sorts of variables. I o think that in Phil's position, and with his number of former clubs lending itself too easily to golfing jokes, that he has most likely taken a route that offers security rather than maximum potential gain or glory, but I can't criticise him for that, he is a man with bills to pay and so on. Hope it turns out well for him and Stevenage (although I shudder at the thought of going there again)

all fur coat and no knickers. showed a bit of form towards the end,when he needed to impress someone in order to get a contract. rarely got his crosses past the first man, often huffed and puffed, often injured or just didn't look fit. Totally overrated. give me tubby croft any day (at least in a football, non gay in any way, sense).

Guest Scratch2000uk

Meanwhile..

Two second half strikes from Lions new boy Chris Taylor saw Kenny Jackett's men come back from a 2-1 half-time defecit to beat Exeter City 3-2 at St James' Park.

Liam Feeney had given Millwall the lead before the Grecians turned the game on its head with goals from Arron Davies and Alan Gow before the break.

But Taylor, one of six Millwall subs, netted his first goals since his move from Oldham to secure the victory.