Your number 10

That ground is one of the worst looking in the league. It looks like a :censored:ing tip. When it's finished and they don't charge £7 to park on bricks, then they can call it the best in the league. Don't even get me started on the bloody fans. A :censored:ing cemetery has more life than them boring bastards!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this to be the case the only time I went back in 2010 when Penney was in charge. Was there with my brother and we guessed that the attendance was somewhere between 4.5k and 5k, so when they announced 8.5k with only 100 Latics fans it's hard not to get suspicious.

Not sure if they get any benefit or disadvantage from doing this. It just seems a bit fake, and they don't strike me as the type of club who would be fak- oh right.

My brother is MK Dons season ticket holder (I know sorry !, but he does live there) and he confirmed that season ticket holders are counted whether they turn up or not ie 5,500 is always the minimum

i arrived with my 10 yr old nephew about 2pm.

parked up at the Inn on the Lake, very nice pub, got a quick drink in.

my nephew had his Latics top on, we sat outside, the only Oldham there - there were a few tables with MK Dons fans in shirts.

no attempt to make conversation - fair enough a group of lads land outside your pub, you might be wary. One bloke and a young lad, you'd say hello, attempt to have a chat, be welcoming, be interested. I would anyway.

on the way to the ground I was struck by the number of them in Liverpool, United, Arsenal shirts, probably other Premier League teams.

the ground itself is just downright weird.

they've spent a lot of money on what is and will be a very strange place to watch football. great view but bizarre atmosphere - like a reserve game when it's quiet then too much noise for so few people when someone sings.

after the game, we walk past 5 lads on the way back to the car. snidey comments & digs started from behind, trying to provoke a reaction.

i gave one, I'm ashamed to say.

if they turned back there might've been five Oldham lads without a kid with them to have a pop at.

they "weren't being malicious", "only having a laaarrrfff" in that horrible non-accent.

giving it the big 'un then rolling out words like "malicious". wouldn't get that at Millwall.

they just don't get it, do they? any of it.

back at the pub, same again. a few of their shirts about, no attempt at conversation. all sat their discussing in dead seriousness how their Premier League sides had done.

horrible place, club, manager, people - i wish I hadn't gone.

Edited by HarryBosch

Not trying to go against the grain but genuinely interested in what anti mk dons people feel about any mk dons fans who have ties to Wimbledon or originally supported Wimbledon? Not that I believe the op but he said his dad supported Wimbledon got me thinking what would I do if my team was moved must be tough!

Not trying to go against the grain but genuinely interested in what anti mk dons people feel about any mk dons fans who have ties to Wimbledon or originally supported Wimbledon? Not that I believe the op but he said his dad supported Wimbledon got me thinking what would I do if my team was moved must be tough!

The club was moved 56 miles away to Milton Keynes. According to my estimations, that's the same as travelling from Oldham to Nottingham.That's a helluva long way to travel each week to watch a franchise that robbed your club of its history, tradition and status. If any Wimbledon fans do continue to follow them, that's just... bizarre.

Edited by JonesyOAFC

Well as a Wimbledon and AFC Wimbledon supporter, I enjoyed reading this thread.

One little point, I notice that when you register that AFC Wimbledon is not amongst the clubs listed - why ever not, please?

(so added myself under Oldham, of which I am not a supporter!)

Its never to late to join us......;-) So in other words Laurence you are a proper football supporter who respects a clubs history and your team. Your club has nothing in common with the MK bank balance who are the play thing of Winkleman and got in the FL by the back door. Hope AFCW has a prosperous season. As for not being on the list not a clue why.

Yes, I am a proper supporter, which means my loyalty forever stays with one club, and however good The Lactics may ever be, I can only offer temporary support, when you play Franchise FC.

A club is for life not just a whimsy.

Any further news on when you're moving away from Kingston? I'd go to more AFCW games if it wasn't such an arse-ache to get to for me.

A new location has been identified, and it is now a question of securing the site and gathering the money subject to planning permission - if you have a spare £30 million lying around, it could help speeding things along? ;o)

A new location has been identified, and it is now a question of securing the site and gathering the money subject to planning permission - if you have a spare £30 million lying around, it could help speeding things along? ;o)

If you promise to lend us £29,999,999 straight back, no problem I think our need is greater than yours!

I'm sure corney will be able to assist with this :~p