After seeing the FLS I can confirm it was Brown not Byrne who was meant to be sent off, Brown sort off swung an arm at Obita who push him after the ball had gone. Both reds would've been harsh but unless Byrne did something in the aftermath he'll get his rescinded. Does this mean that Brown will get a retrospective red or is he off the hook?

They'll move the ban to the correct player if Latics appeal on mistaken identity.

If both have done something naughty, Latics may choose not to appeal? No point landing both with a three game ban.

£500 fee too!

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/~/media/37C906F6526B487B8BD17E4FCEB61FD4.ashx/FADiscProc11-12.pdf

Edited by opinions4u

After seeing the FLS I can confirm it was Brown not Byrne who was meant to be sent off, Brown sort off swung an arm at Obita who push him after the ball had gone. Both reds would've been harsh but unless Byrne did something in the aftermath he'll get his rescinded. Does this mean that Brown will get a retrospective red or is he off the hook?

Think he is off the hook plus he got a yellow after this. Don't think they can do anything now

Think he is off the hook plus he got a yellow after this. Don't think they can do anything now

The rules state:

If the Commission’s decision is that the claim is successful, the standard punishment set out in this Memorandum is transferred from the record of the Player reported by the Referee to the appropriate identified offender,who will serve the standard punishment transferred by the Regulatory Commission.

So if we claim mistaken identity then Brown may get the ban - tough decision methinks but who would you rather be without for three(?) games?

Only thing I saw worrying in the match was that there could be a few petulant players in this side, a bit like Marsh-Brown last year. Montano is starting to show why we paid a fee for him but he lost his head a bit after the scuffle that resulted in the sendings off and also, we know from past knowledge that Connor Brown is a bit of a rebel and the incident showed that yesterday. Simpson obviously too. All good players but we don't want them suspended for half of the season.

After all the critisim this week....and let's face it the management and players obviously do read what is being said on here and elsewhere, I thought we were superb yesterday.

If this was the first time you had seen us you would be talking about a team fired up and working hard for each other for 95 minutes. We may not have the best players but you can make up for that in league one by playing with determination and spirit which is what we did.

The Latics fans were brilliant too, non-stop singing and not a word of moaning, perhaps we should try that at BP :)

Mom for me is split between Crofty who looks as though he is loving playing again and the more the Pompey fans tried the "you fat bas***d" chant, the better he played! And young Connor Brown....tough place to make his debut but really great effort by him which shows our squad is maybe not quite as thin as we think...sending off was something of nothing between two young kids, should have been a calm down chat from the ref and maybe two yellows but the ref totally lost control

I didn't go yesterday but it sounded like we worked hard and just about deserved the win. While it is a move in the right direction we have to continue the improvement and the next game at home to Notts County will be a stiff test.

It is difficult to gauge yesterday's performance as we played a club in turmoil with what is basically a scratch side put together on monthly contracts. We scored what sounded like a lucky goal and although we hit a post with another effort Cisak was forced to make a few quality saves at our end to preserve the lead.

Whilst it's a step in the right direction I'll reserve judgement until I've seen the next game. We definitely need a couple of experienced players to complete the squad as another injury or two would leave us woefully short on bodies.

However a win is a win and should hopefully encourage the team to try and return to the form we saw in the first half against Wednesday. Finger crossed, our season may have just started!

I am wondering if Croft would be best playing in the middle, he showed a great eye for a pass yesterday. Pretty good all round, Montano and Big John were excellent, Brown's pace made a difference, Smith really got stuck in (although he was totally :censored:ed for the last half hour)