Gracious in defeat - Pompey messageboard ....

Jesus, I had to keep my temper in check with him so God knows how Paddy didn't rise to him! The prick was eyeballing me as I carried a set of drinks out, got in my way and asked me where I was from. I said, "Oldham," in a friendly way, then the hardman throw the end of his drink over my shirt. Proper ran me, he did.

What a tit. Can I ask how you handled that? I hate that "where you from" line. I remember a young prat of ours tried it in Chesterfield last year. He was shocked when we stood in their faces, told us we were from Oldham, and not to act the hard man all this life.

But different circumstances. Four young prats isn't a problem, one Pompey bloke in a pub full of them is.

Actually felt a bit sorry for him - when he gave a me a bit of abuse I just went over to him, shook his hand and gave him a (verbal) pat on the head and he didn't have a clue how to handle it.

Other than their debt, I didn't really have anything against Pompey before Saturday but there was a bit of an edge to atmosphere afterwards and considering they're so much it debt you'd think they'd have a better away end than we do, but they don't. The ticketing was also a joke - surely making away fans not clued up on the fact you have to buy tickets beforehand walk to the opposite end of the stadium, down a dingy alley past all the home fans, to get their tickets is just inviting trouble?

Don't like 'em.....didn't spoil an away day that will take some topping this season, though!

That lane. I couldn't understand it. I didn't see anyone or a sign pointing me to the away-ticket booth. There were a few Latics fans going down that lane. What about when Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday turn up? They may be all ticket affairs, but Bournemouth had 2,500 there for the opening day. Now that won't have been all-ticket. That lane could cause problems given the right amount of idiots on either side.

Edited by UpTheLatics

What a tit. Can I ask how you handled that? I hate that "where you from" line. I remember a young prat of ours tried it in Chesterfield last year. He was shocked when we stood in their faces, told us we were from Oldham, and not to act the hard man all this life.

Water off a dick's back ;) To be honest he only made more of a knob of himself throwing a drink at me after having done exactly :censored: all to my face when he had the chance. I did stop to turn for half a second but there was nothing to gain and much to lose from it. Am I becoming responsible? :icon_gay:

Water off a dick's back ;) To be honest he only made more of a knob of himself throwing a drink at me after having done exactly :censored: all to my face when he had the chance. I did stop to turn for half a second but there was nothing to gain and much to lose from it. Am I becoming responsible? :icon_gay:

It was probably best you didn't react. I thought it was a dodgy situation because there was no police and they weren't serving in plastic glasses. You wouldn't put it past one of them to lob a pint pot if things had boiled over. The landlord didn't even bar the lad who he had witnessed smack Paddy, he just ushered him inside the pub. It showed their mentality when after the lad had gone other lads came over and apologised for his behaviour but in the same sentence told us to meet them in the park after the match if we wanted it!

It was probably best you didn't react. I thought it was a dodgy situation because there was no police and they weren't serving in plastic glasses. You wouldn't put it past one of them to lob a pint pot if things had boiled over. The landlord didn't even bar the lad who he had witnessed smack Paddy, he just ushered him inside the pub. It showed their mentality when after the lad had gone other lads came over and apologised for his behaviour but in the same sentence told us to meet them in the park after the match if we wanted it!

exactly what we were saying on the train home. If anyone would have reacted to the punch glasses would of rained down on us.

I didn't know he'd smacked Paddy! I mean, we've all wanted to at one time or another, but that's just ridiculous. It was after the game that the bloke was getting arsey with us, we just went off to the pub with Bez rather than hang around. I can sort of see why they were trying not to let away fans in now.

You didnt expect the edginess? have you ever been to portsmouth!!!

Never a bad time to bring this old favourite back:

'He has either never been to Umm Qasr or he's never been to Southampton. There's no beer, no prostitutes and people are shooting at us. It's more like Portsmouth.'

A British soldiers reaction to a claim by Defence Secretary Geoff Hoon that the port of Umm Qasr is 'like the city of Southampton.'