Gracious in defeat - Pompey messageboard ....

Today's result underlines how important it is to get the -10 overturned, it could take ages to get those ten points back, because I just can't see where our goals will come from.

Today was a terrible game with two terrible teams and a terrible ref, but although we deserved nothing for our performance I thought we were unlucky to lose because Oldham deserved even less.

My marks out of ten this week ...

Andersen 6 Not much to do but his kicking was poor.

Dumbuya 6 I like his pace but he needs to vary his game and not try beating people every time when a simple pass is on. Did not deserve MOM.

Ertl 4 Not impressed , surprisingly uncomfortable on the ball for someone who also plays midfield. And the own was not bad luck it was bad play.

Connolly 6 OK game but I hope Thompson / Long will be the first choice pairing.

Harley 6 Got forward well

Walker 5 Looked out of his depth for first half hour but improved

Russell 5 Obviously not fit, little impact on the match

Howard 7 At least he looked like he cared, and drove the team forward well in the 2nd half. Just edged MOM for me.

Crompton 6 looks good on the ball and some good crosses but out of the game for long periods

Obita 5 Should have scored early on and that cost us the game. Unlucky to get a red card but he shouldn't have reacted at all really.

McLeod 4 No threat on goal at all.

Harris 7 Looked very bright and lifted the team.

Rogers 6 one good shot.

All in all losing to the worst team seen at Fratton in a league match for 30 years or so is pretty depressing, but at least we had a game to watch.

Bitter. Extremely bitter. How he could say we were "terrible" today is mad.

That performance might not have beat a Sheffield United or Swindon but it was certainly not terrible. Always this mentality when any team loses to Oldham as almost all expect to take points from us.

Couldn't care less though if they give any credit or not, the players will have taken loads of confidence from that into the next match.

Pay up Pompey....

disgraceful in defeat more like.

After the game their fans were terrible, so bitter! Young Oldham fan talking to a friend was barged from behind by big bald pompey fan and then threatened by another for being happy that we won!

Thought the performance today was a different level to the drivel we've seen so far this season, possibly on par with the First half v Sheff Weds in some parts. Croft and Montano were very good on the break and Mvoto didn't put a foot wrong once again. The ref was awful for both teams but more so for us than he was for them, they can have no complaints about today imo. They were outclassed by the relegation favourites;}

always thought the best thing about Pompey was their fans but after today I'm not so sure, the way they've conducted themselves after a deserved loss disappoints me. Reacted poorly outside the ground and then at home behind their computer screens. they make a lot of noise yes but they haven't acknowledged the noise our fans made throughout the game and I've not seen one fan speak positively about our team. One just simply called Lee Croft a sunday league player, a sunday league player that with Cristian Montano completely blitzed their back four at some points. I wouldn't know but I can guarantee they're probably disgraceful in victory too. Very Disappointed.

Also, Cisak-Brown-Byrne(Tarky)-Mvoto-Grounds-Croft-Furman(Simpson)-Mchangama-Montano(Hughes)-Smith-Simpson(Montano) is definitely the squad we should start against Notts County in 2 weeks time and the one in brackets should start against Chesterfield on tuesday, assuming Byrne's red card won't be appealed against as surely Dicky would rather keep Brown at RB..

Said it before and i'll say it again - I don't like it when opposition fans are nice about us cos it nearly always means we've been 'valiantly' beaten. Music to my ears when they bitch and whine about us. Worst team they've seen in 30 years? Wow, that really takes the gloss off the 3 points. :grin:

Said it before and i'll say it again - I don't like it when opposition fans are nice about us cos it nearly always means we've been 'valiantly' beaten. Music to my ears when they bitch and whine about us. Worst team they've seen in 30 years? Wow, that really takes the gloss off the 3 points. :grin:

Absolutely this is exactly what we want to hear lets hope we here allot more bitching about our team after we have bagged the 3 points.

absolute arse wipe. Lee Sinnott soon forgot about it tho!

Jesus, I had to keep my temper in check with him so God knows how Paddy didn't rise to him! The prick was eyeballing me as I carried a set of drinks out, got in my way and asked me where I was from. I said, "Oldham," in a friendly way, then the hardman throw the end of his drink over my shirt. Proper ran me, he did.

Weird isn't it, how they behave differently in different circumstances? I heard the knobs as we were leaving the back of the stand, but once we were out in the street walking up to the station, in the station, and on the train, they were all fine. Had a real good natter with them on the train, all wished us good luck for the season. Just one said that we played in the image of PD (who he didn't like), but even he was OK about it.

Funny how they act like tosspots at other times and in the pub. I suppose all clubs have them, but there's certainly something in the "we couldn't possibly lose to likkle Oldham, could we?"

Weird isn't it, how they behave differently in different circumstances? I heard the knobs as we were leaving the back of the stand, but once we were out in the street walking up to the station, in the station, and on the train, they were all fine. Had a real good natter with them on the train, all wished us good luck for the season. Just one said that we played in the image of PD (who he didn't like), but even he was OK about it.

Funny how they act like tosspots at other times and in the pub. I suppose all clubs have them, but there's certainly something in the "we couldn't possibly lose to likkle Oldham, could we?"

I'd be surprised if the dick I saw wasn't doing the same thing every week. He wasn't even hard, just knew that he was in a pub that was 95% home and the 5% weren't looking for a fight. I'm sure sooner or later someone will give him what he was looking for.

I'd be surprised if the dick I saw wasn't doing the same thing every week. He wasn't even hard, just knew that he was in a pub that was 95% home and the 5% weren't looking for a fight. I'm sure sooner or later someone will give him what he was looking for.

A good Stephen Fry'ing?

Actually felt a bit sorry for him - when he gave a me a bit of abuse I just went over to him, shook his hand and gave him a (verbal) pat on the head and he didn't have a clue how to handle it.

Other than their debt, I didn't really have anything against Pompey before Saturday but there was a bit of an edge to atmosphere afterwards and considering they're so much it debt you'd think they'd have a better away end than we do, but they don't. The ticketing was also a joke - surely making away fans not clued up on the fact you have to buy tickets beforehand walk to the opposite end of the stadium, down a dingy alley past all the home fans, to get their tickets is just inviting trouble?

Don't like 'em.....didn't spoil an away day that will take some topping this season, though!

Spoke to my cousin yesterday who is a massive Pompey fan. His view is that they should be chucked out of the league as they owe the likes of Charities money. He'd rather they started again in the Blue Square South and do things properly. He also thought that we deserved to win.

I think they'd end up lower than Conference South if it came to that!

Actually felt a bit sorry for him - when he gave a me a bit of abuse I just went over to him, shook his hand and gave him a (verbal) pat on the head and he didn't have a clue how to handle it.

Other than their debt, I didn't really have anything against Pompey before Saturday but there was a bit of an edge to atmosphere afterwards and considering they're so much it debt you'd think they'd have a better away end than we do, but they don't. The ticketing was also a joke - surely making away fans not clued up on the fact you have to buy tickets beforehand walk to the opposite end of the stadium, down a dingy alley past all the home fans, to get their tickets is just inviting trouble?

Don't like 'em.....didn't spoil an away day that will take some topping this season, though!

Have to admit I didn't expect the 'edginess' from the home support and reality dawned that i'd have to get my 9 year old safely round through that alley after the game. I told her to to stay with me, look ahead and we'd get to that main road asap. Apart from Two lads in the alley giving it the large one, but daring not to eyeball anyone in case a Latics fan took them up on their offer and the poisoned dwarf in the car park it wasn't too bad. The walk back to the station was fine, and then of course we The Special Needs Hoolie, who had obviously spent his DLA on Stella….

At times it all felt a bit like modern day Millwall, seige mentality is good as is a degree of intimidation for the away side but I thought half the :censored: I saw and heard about on Saturday disappeared years ago. If it had just been me, it would have gone over my head, but when you have a young 'un with you, you suddenly become very aware of nobheads….

Tbh the fan I was talking to before the game was deluded, talking about budgets they can't afford and promotion. The league should stop pissfarting about and ensure their deduction is along the lines of what Bournemouth and Luton got (Bournemouth will crash and burn again too - apparently they've got a £15m budget from their Russian investor! WTF??????) Pompey's Third time in Admin in FOUR years, surely a 30 points deduction? No Golden Share returned until they pay some of the local companies they have shafted time and again and a transfer embargo. What's going on at Fratton Park is disgusting...

Oh and they get £7.5m parachute payment in November and about the same in the Spring, where's the justice?

As for their famous fans? Bunch of slapped arses that wanted their own way, thought we'd roll over. If we had a team of mercenaries like they have, I'd be even more worried than I am now. There was no fight from them at all...

All in all though, best away day in a good few years - up there with Swansea in 2007, in terms of an epic journey and great result.

Edited by oafcprozac