Why was Smith there?

I have only seen the OG on Sky this morning (once) and I was wondering if anyone who went can shed some light........

in the last minute when they crossed the ball into the box why was our only Centre Forward on the pitch in his own box in a centre back position?

Tarky was in shot when he flicked it in the net and went straight to Matt to console / encourage but where was big Jean?

it may be simple that he was subbed and I missed it, down injured or..........

why did Smithy end up in that position in the first place?

not looking to point blame just curious as the "highlight" lol was very brief

Hardly negative that a 6 foot 5 bloke defends a corner. Next

"next" :censored: - they are simple questions

so it was a corner then? the footage didnt show a corner!

again where was mvoto - i am still wondering?

injured? subbed? out wide which would be strange for a corner but.... somewhere else?, i didnt see him! does anyone know

OK not sure whether it was a corner or not but my point is you cant blame Smith or Dickov for the fact he was defending at a certain point of time. If you applied the same logic you'd be upset everytime a centre half scores a goal.

I wasnt actually blaming anyone, if you read my original post (in which I state I HAVE ONLY SEEN THE GOAL ONCE AND AM NOT LOOKING TO PLACE BLAME) all I was doing was asking why was Smith there and not Mvoto, i was wondering why our only centre forward was where our centre half should have been...that simple!

it now seems to me though some players in the current squad cant even have questions asked about them at the risk of upsetting a delicate few

as we where not attacking and it was the last minute of the game in which we lost....where the :censored: was the centre half? does anybody actually know the answer?

i may have even missed him on the clip for gods sake, but from the answers it would seem not.....

I wasnt actually blaming anyone, if you read my original post (in which I state I HAVE ONLY SEEN THE GOAL ONCE AND AM NOT LOOKING TO PLACE BLAME) all I was doing was asking why was Smith there and not Mvoto, i was wondering why our only centre forward was where our centre half should have been...that simple!

it now seems to me though some players in the current squad cant even have questions asked about them at the risk of upsetting a delicate few

as we where not attacking and it was the last minute of the game in which we lost....where the :censored: was the centre half? does anybody actually know the answer?

i may have even missed him on the clip for gods sake, but from the answers it would seem not.....

To be fair, I didn't really get that you were making a point about M'voto's absence in your original post; the emphasis seemed to be on Matt Smith being back to defend.

P.s. Thanks for the downboat.

To be fair, I didn't really get that you were making a point about M'voto's absence in your original post; the emphasis seemed to be on Matt Smith being back to defend.

P.s. Thanks for the downboat.

your welcome Stevie, i got them for asking a simple question

and in my original post I asked where he was? injured? subbed? etc

change the thread title to add where was Mvoto? if you wish

Edited by palmer1