Bouzanis and the corner

Neither currently are near prem level or would have prem clubs sniffing. Clubs in the football league are pruning the playing staff like never before, however turn over of players is huge. Time will tell who out of the two keepers will leave but in the present set up it would be Cisak.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither currently are near prem level or would have prem clubs sniffing. Clubs in the football league are pruning the playing staff like never before, however turn over of players is huge. Time will tell who out of the two keepers will leave but in the present set up it would be Cisak.

Out of interest, why do you think Cisak would leave? Given that it has taken Bouzanis an entire season to get a run of 5 games would you not think that Cisak would come back into the team sooner rather than later?

Out of interest, why do you think Cisak would leave? Given that it has taken Bouzanis an entire season to get a run of 5 games would you not think that Cisak would come back into the team sooner rather than later?

Not necessarily. If Bouzanis maintains current performance levels then he'll keep the shirt. All other things being equal, it could be argued that his superior distribution and tempo adds more the the team when we're looking to press but that's a different argument. Cisak was dropped both due to a small dip in form ( he seemed less certain than last season) and the efforts of Bouzanis to claim the jersey. It's more than possible that the roles could reverse but by no means a certainty.

If the current set upi is to carry on I could see him leave in search of first team football. i just don't think he is the type to remain and fight for the shirt if it seems he is 2nd choice. That opinion is only based on the rumour regarding his accrington departure.

If the current set upi is to carry on I could see him leave in search of first team football. i just don't think he is the type to remain and fight for the shirt if it seems he is 2nd choice. That opinion is only based on the rumour regarding his accrington departure.

Cisak had a great season at accrington though? he left because he was too good for League 2 as opposed to being the #2 there? He had been lined up by Melbourne Victory as their #1 but chose to remain in the UK from what the reports said.

For what it's worth I hope cisak gets the oldham shirt back and then gets a championship move. Australia need more players playing at a higher level and doubt bouzanis will amount to much. Time will tell I guess.

Cisak had a great season at accrington though? he left because he was too good for League 2 as opposed to being the #2 there? He had been lined up by Melbourne Victory as their #1 but chose to remain in the UK from what the reports said.

For what it's worth I hope cisak gets the oldham shirt back and then gets a championship move. Australia need more players playing at a higher level and doubt bouzanis will amount to much. Time will tell I guess.

Did Boozy shag your wife or something? Just asking.

Sweet Jesus, we've all seen plenty of both and we all like both of them. They're both of a similar standard, who cares who left Accrington when and why? If you don't like Bouzanis then fine but you're not going to convince us otherwise.

Edited by jsslatic

My point was that you seem to have something personal on him, or else something massively for Cisak that makes you want to put Boozy down. But nothing personal intended re: your missus.

I get what you're saying. We have high hopes in OZ that Alex will go championship soon as we've only got Schwarzer (40) and federici (not even playing) right now. We have a couple of other young prospects along with Cisak in Langerak (dortmund) and Ryan (CCM but potentially Spurs) so the pool is getting thin. There's a distinct feeling back here that Bouzanis was always massively over rated, and that while he can kick a ball he has always been erratic otherwise.

Rather than not see Dean play, because that would be pointless, I would rather see them both playing at different clubs. If I had to chose then hell yes as an Australian fan I would prefer cisak to be playing as he has the runs on the board.

Both are quality but Deano has a better relationship with the fans because he just funny to watch, he celebrates with passion when we score and always salutes the fans. If at 18 year old I felt I could force my way into a World Cup I'd do it, it's pretty odd that he's disliked for wanting to play. Also it's pretty rude to come onto a club's fan forum page; openly admit that you want both to be playing at a higher level, question our judgement over guys we see every week live and take offence when people see your constant belittling of a guy as anything but a personal attack. Also isn't Brad Jones an Aussie? Just you haven't mentioned him from what I've seen.

Both are quality but Deano has a better relationship with the fans because he just funny to watch, he celebrates with passion when we score and always salutes the fans. If at 18 year old I felt I could force my way into a World Cup I'd do it, it's pretty odd that he's disliked for wanting to play. Also it's pretty rude to come onto a club's fan forum page; openly admit that you want both to be playing at a higher level, question our judgement over guys we see every week live and take offence when people see your constant belittling of a guy as anything but a personal attack. Also isn't Brad Jones an Aussie? Just you haven't mentioned him from what I've seen.

1 - now i understand why you're all so defensive around bouzanis (he celebrates in a way the fans like when you score goals) Maybe Cisak is having a party on the inside?

2 - Bouzanis was no where and I repeat no where near our world cup squad in 2010. It was just a beat up by him and his agent. Notice that he was released by Liverpool after apparently being the best keeper in the world for his age. Turnarounds like that just dont happen.

3 - Rude? I said I'd like them both playing but at different clubs. Doesn't make any sense to have two young aussie gk's capable of playing at a higher level at one club. I'm pretty sure given the chance Oldham would sell both if they could. I just said that IMO Cisak looks MUCH better.

4 - Brad Jones is an aussie. what's your point? He's no more than a 2nd choice EPL keeper. He knows that and we as Aussie fans know that.

Anyway, I won't bother posting here anymore. Good luck to the boys!