Bouzanis and the corner

For now the number one jersey is Deans, persoanally I don't think there is much between the two keepers. It as to be said whilst the team wasn't doing too well Cisak also wasn't dealing with crosses too well either. Dean sat on the bench most part of last season and now as been rewarded for signing bcak on to get his chance when most perhaps would have looked elsewhere. I think if Cisak remains number two the rest of this season I think he's the type that would go.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the video of the Aussie keeper you've posted up I really don't think it could be a flattering collection cos he really doesn't stand out as being great in there. Not a patch on Deans distribution at all. Sure he has a big kick whereas Dean tends to find the player.

For now the number one jersey is Deans, persoanally I don't think there is much between the two keepers. It as to be said whilst the team wasn't doing too well Cisak also wasn't dealing with crosses too well either. Dean sat on the bench most part of last season and now as been rewarded for signing bcak on to get his chance when most perhaps would have looked elsewhere. I think if Cisak remains number two the rest of this season I think he's the type that would go.

ok. I guess it's an interesting one because you would assume that if Dean is good enough to keep Cisak on the bench all season then he would be good enough to get a move elsewhere, which again you might assume he would take. Probably not the level that you need two #1's in and is highlighted when the understudy gets a run etc...what about Liam Jacob?

It is a strange state of affairs that we were on the verge of selling Cisak for decent money not so long ago, and as it stands it would be no surprise to see he leave for nowt in the summer.

Was there anything concrete regarding Cisak going for cash?. I never saw one rumour where a club had made an offer. Only speculation on here.

Aussiefan. Seeing Auasie keepers excel is wonderful. Singling some rather than others for personal reasons stinks.

ok. I guess it's an interesting one because you would assume that if Dean is good enough to keep Cisak on the bench all season then he would be good enough to get a move elsewhere, which again you might assume he would take. Probably not the level that you need two #1's in and is highlighted when the understudy gets a run etc...what about Liam Jacob?

As I said from the beginning, Dean is unpopular in Australia for the way he played the FA back home against the Greeks angling for a spot at the 2010 World Cup, when he clearly wasn't ready. As an Australian why should I like a footballer who demands to go to the World Cup at 18 for OZ, or else he's off to play for someone else...his bluff was rightly called.

Cisak has been highly rated back home, so IT IS a surprise to many that Dean is playing. While you may find that surprising Bouzanis has only ever been offered 2nd choice spots in the A-League, so for him to be playing ahead of Cisak is GENUINELY a surprise to most.

It's not personal at all, I wouldn't recognise Bouzanis if he walked past me on the street...

Give him the benefit if the doubt and judge him on his performances and not on what the media portray of him.

As I said from the beginning, Dean is unpopular in Australia for the way he played the FA back home against the Greeks angling for a spot at the 2010 World Cup, when he clearly wasn't ready. As an Australian why should I like a footballer who demands to go to the World Cup at 18 for OZ, or else he's off to play for someone else...his bluff was rightly called.

Cisak has been highly rated back home, so IT IS a surprise to many that Dean is playing. While you may find that surprising Bouzanis has only ever been offered 2nd choice spots in the A-League, so for him to be playing ahead of Cisak is GENUINELY a surprise to most.

It's not personal at all, I wouldn't recognise Bouzanis if he walked past me on the street...

Was there anything concrete regarding Cisak going for cash?. I never saw one rumour where a club had made an offer. Only speculation on here.

I heard from a most reliable source at the club that 3 clubs bid for him. However, 1 was Posh and they signed someone else.

Sorry, why would you not need two number ones at our level but you would at a higher level?

Sorry, why would you not need two number ones at our level but you would at a higher level?

generally speaking at League 1 level (or A-League level which is probably more like League 2) you would assume for a few reasons...

1 Budget

2 Availability of genuine quality

3 player ambition

If Cisak is as good as he's supposed to be then surely he won't stick around to play second fiddle and probably move to the championship anyway. And if Dean turns out to be half as good as he was supposed to be then surely he wont tolerate going back to being Cisak's understudy. Although it all seems like good business now, two #1's generally ends in one player or both moving on, and before time.

Oldham might find that they are without either keeper next season.

If we talk Championship or EPL well most of the players pick up very large pay checks so that can dose the disappointment of being a #2 even when you feel you should be #1.

As an aussie fan I'd prefer them at different clubs both playing. Time will tell.

Liverpool signed someone who was nothing but an A league no 2?

did you not think he was going to improve?

generally speaking at League 1 level (or A-League level which is probably more like League 2) you would assume for a few reasons...

1 Budget

3 player ambition

If Cisak is as good as he's supposed to be then surely he won't stick around to play second fiddle and probably move to the championship anyway. And if Dean turns out to be half as good as he was supposed to be then surely he wont tolerate going back to being Cisak's understudy. Although it all seems like good business now, two #1's generally ends in one player or both moving on, and before time.

If we talk Championship or EPL well most of the players pick up very large pay checks so that can dose the disappointment of being a #2 even when you feel you should be #1.

As an aussie fan I'd prefer them at different clubs both playing. Time will tell.

This maybe the case given players move so much these days, but why would we lose both players because one was numver one and the other number two?. Out of the two keepers, Dean stayed on this season even though he played the number two role in the main the previous season whereas it's reported (whether true or not I've no idea) Cisak threatened Accrington he would go back to Oz if they didn't sell him. So out of the two I know which I'd bet on leaving.

This maybe the case given players move so much these days, but why would we lose both players because one was numver one and the other number two?. Out of the two keepers, Dean stayed on this season even though he played the number two role in the main the previous season whereas it's reported (whether true or not I've no idea) Cisak threatened Accrington he would go back to Oz if they didn't sell him. So out of the two I know which I'd bet on leaving.

that just comes across as one had options to leave and the other didn't...personally, I would want the best player to stay...and if he didn't then make sure the club gets some money for him.

1 Budget

3 player ambition

A number one at Latics though is unlikely to be a number one at a Premier League club. It's all relative, and having two number ones means we the goalkeepers are playing bloody well as they know competition is unlikely. In recent times when we've only really had one number one, he's rested on his laurels and hardly what one would call Brill, in some respects.

Just because we're a third division club doesn't mean we have any less value in two top quality keepers for our level than any club in the Champions League, A-League or Sunday League.

A number one at Latics though is unlikely to be a number one at a Premier League club. It's all relative, and having two number ones means we the goalkeepers are playing bloody well as they know competition is unlikely. In recent times when we've only really had one number one, he's rested on his laurels and hardly what one would call Brill, in some respects.

Just because we're a third division club doesn't mean we have any less value in two top quality keepers for our level than any club in the Champions League, A-League or Sunday League.

I wasn't saying that you don't need two #1's, I was saying that it's not practical because players of that ability won't stick around to be a part time #1 or a #2 at League 1 level. If you're good enough to be a very good #1 at this level then chances are you will be good enough to play championship or go prem as a #2