Crawley

As a Crawley resident and Oldham supporter I'm really looking forward to this. As Latics are 250 miles away,I support my local team and go to around 75% of matches home and away, but this weekend my mates are disgusted that I'll be in the away end. I've been watching them since they were in the Southern League - never thought I'd see them play Latics in the league.

The ground is 15 years old and Council owned. It has the smallest capacity (just under 6k) but they tend to average 3k. It was pretty much three sided until a covered temp stand was erected opposite the main stand. The pitch is poor - cuts up with loads of divots, and the fans are quiet - except when they're away from home. Away fans are welcome at the Redz Bar at the ground, otherwise the Half Moon on Brighton Road. Expectations this year - low, just stay in the division. Crawley's defence at home is like a cullender, and the strikers haven't scored for weeks - although the rest of the team have made up for them. Nevertheless, 4th ain't bad. Up to last night, I thought Oldham were looking good for an upset, but I'm sure they'll shake that defeat off. Connections? Danny Hall was with them a couple of years back, and Crawley fans have fond memories of Ernie. Will the flag be there?

OK Flemboy, I own up, it was me. Maybe see you on Saturday.

Me and my teenage son will be there.We only miss a couple of games each season.I will have my tatty old tb&w scarf on and prob be in the Redz bar before the game.Hope to see you again on Saturday.

I used to work at what was then a Training Centre near Pease Pottage for about 4 years in the late 90's, met my wife whilst there, and have some mates there and fairly often we meet up at the Snooty Fox in Thre Bridges.

They were in the southern League when I worked there, and my mates son is a big Crawley fan.

In fact I saw Broadfield being built as I worked quite close to it.

Gutted I have to miss this game, as are my mates.