Eyres is his agent, and we didn't have a choice in putting an extension clause in the contract as Eyres specifically said at the time that this was a "shop window" deal. However I am quietly confident we can keep him as he seems to be enjoying his football and settling in for the first time in his career.

Eyres is his agent, and we didn't have a choice in putting an extension clause in the contract as Eyres specifically said at the time that this was a "shop window" deal. However I am quietly confident we can keep him as he seems to be enjoying his football and settling in for the first time in his career.

Source...not doubting you oafc-lover just you seem to know al lot of saids and whispers

I don't want to sound paranoid but part of me is a little bit worried that Bolton's new manager might try and intice him with an offer.

He had him on trial at Palace, over the summer, and I've read various reasons (e.g. fitness, location, non-committal chairman etc). as to why he didn't sign him on at the time. Those obstacles may now be removed with his new club.

Hopefully the real reason Freedman didn't sign him was because they didn't get on.

Ok, so I am sounding paranoid now. Apologies.

Eyres

Eyres cannot act as an agent though, he works for the agent. Nit Picking I know. Still waht Eyres told you could in fact come from the agent seeing as he works directly for him. Either way as I understand it, the agent wants to wait till January to see what offers arrive.

I don't want to sound paranoid but part of me is a little bit worried that Bolton's new manager might try and intice him with an offer.

He had him on trial at Palace, over the summer, and I've read various reasons (e.g. fitness, location, non-committal chairman etc). as to why he didn't sign him on at the time. Those obstacles may now be removed with his new club.

Hopefully the real reason Freedman didn't sign him was because they didn't get on.

Ok, so I am sounding paranoid now. Apologies.

Paranoid? Maybe - but a very plausible theory butchcass - let's hope it is the latter.