Parking Ticket!

Crap night for me last night, game plodded, left after their soft pen. missed our goal

and got back to the car to find i had recd. a parking ticket on Dorchester Drive (just off Sheepfoot Lane) Looks like that whole area is now permit parking only!

So much for me saving a few quid by not parking in the official carpark.... :thumbsdown:

The area around BP......Furtherwood rd, colville rd, boundary park rd is all to become permit holders only. It's mainly to stop hospital workers/visitors parking up for the whole day.

Most helpful to the visitors of the sick who can no longer find a space on the hospital car park.

Most helpful to the visitors of the sick who can no longer find a space on the hospital car park.

I take it the hospital has 2 different visiting times. It is almost always better to visit in the later one for parking as the early one has a bigger staff presence, patients with out-patient appointments and visitors.

It's also important to remember that a lot of hospital staff who park on streets are often the lowest paid ones and do so to save money. Especially as public transport at the times they start/finish is very patchy.

Hospital parking can be quite a tempestuous situation as it is impossible to please local residents, hospital staff and visitors.

I take it the hospital has 2 different visiting times. It is almost always better to visit in the later one for parking as the early one has a bigger staff presence, patients with out-patient appointments and visitors.

It's also important to remember that a lot of hospital staff who park on streets are often the lowest paid ones and do so to save money. Especially as public transport at the times they start/finish is very patchy.

Hospital parking can be quite a tempestuous situation as it is impossible to please local residents, hospital staff and visitors.

i understand all this.

I've never parked on the street in question during a weekday or for hospital visiting.

I have done so on matchdays though. It is rarely crowded. I am surprised at the "need" for the residents only scheme on an estate where most properties have longish drives.

"Leeslover makes predictable appearance"

I'd be surprised if they didn't make some of it dual use so that you can pay to park for a couple of hours, if the world hasn't ended with it being free parking then the residents would still be gaining from having some of it set to residents only.

Am I right in thinking that we have some parking arrangement with the hospital? And if not, why not?

Am I right in thinking that we have some parking arrangement with the hospital? And if not, why not?

If I recall correctly, we charge the hospital £100k a year for their staff to use our car park. It coincided with the exciting tarmac appearing behind the RRE.

And they then charge their staff accordingly.

• 4 weeks later...

A multi storey car park has been discussed lots. I can't see it being priority at this moment in time with Pennine having to make bigger savings each year.

With Oldham becoming one of the bigger hospitals though it surely needs to happen soon rather than later.

They have some nerve complaining about car parking on the bungalow estate next to Latics the cheeky bastards. I drive home from work through that estate every day and it's like a bloody obstacle course trying to navigate the road through with the amount of parked cars on the main road. It wouldn't be so bad if the driveways had a car on them already but many stand empty while a car is blocking the road.