wingers

worked his socks off. Montano (who I like) is really struggling either physically or more likely mentally for some reason. I would play Crofty narrow with M'Changama and Winchester next week w/o furman and wes and play Smith with Derbyshire and Baxter off the two of them.

Montaño baffles me. He's an exceptional talent but his head goes down so easily.

Me too, I've seen him 4 or 5 times this season start on fire, beating the full back at will, then after about 15 mins his self belief just seems to disappear. I do rate him though

The only games that I've seen both Croft and Montano perform excellently in the same match was Pompey away. They were fantastic, both of them, one of the best displays I've seen by a pair of wingers. They were unstoppable, since then they've both been inconsistent which is indicitive of our play as a whole this season. They both have the ability. Croft more brainy with passes, an example being his little flick to set Wabara free today which resulted in the free kick on the edge of the box and Montano with pace, trickery and ability to beat the man.

Today they faced double coverage from the full backs. Tranmere did their homework, finding out that most of our attacks come through the wings and our centre-midfield is not very creative so they smothered both Croft and Montano which made it an almost impossible task for them to produce.

I also think that on the rare occasion when they actually got a ball into the box there was nobody gambling. Derbyshire was hustling but there was no late runner to be a target, something that Derbyshire isn't is a targetman.

I wouldn't despair over them because they have been our focal players this season and 2 of our better performers. And with Wabara not playing at his best in the last few games its been tougher for Croft. Its more a case of our front 4 gelling rather than them coming to form.

I know through Twitter Montano as had family problems with his Grandad dying so it might be troubling when he's playing. One thing that I do find annoying with him he's only uses his left foot and never his right, he is fastly becoming the new one foot Edwards

Edited by brad

The only games that I've seen both Croft and Montano perform excellently in the same match was Pompey away. They were fantastic, both of them, one of the best displays I've seen by a pair of wingers. They were unstoppable, since then they've both been inconsistent which is indicitive of our play as a whole this season. They both have the ability. Croft more brainy with passes, an example being his little flick to set Wabara free today which resulted in the free kick on the edge of the box and Montano with pace, trickery and ability to beat the man.

Today they faced double coverage from the full backs. Tranmere did their homework, finding out that most of our attacks come through the wings and our centre-midfield is not very creative so they smothered both Croft and Montano which made it an almost impossible task for them to produce.

I also think that on the rare occasion when they actually got a ball into the box there was nobody gambling. Derbyshire was hustling but there was no late runner to be a target, something that Derbyshire isn't is a targetman.

I wouldn't despair over them because they have been our focal players this season and 2 of our better performers. And with Wabara not playing at his best in the last few games its been tougher for Croft. Its more a case of our front 4 gelling rather than them coming to form.

That applies to most teams - Dickov travelled to Hartlepool midweek to watch Tranmere - the issue for me is that when it becomes obvious that the opposition has either sussed us out or has a game plan of their own (normally five minutes into the game) there is never a readjustment to our tactical approach - well not until we send Smith on at the end...

Our wingers were struggling to beat the fullbacks - Montano looking strangely off the pace, but Croft did work hard chasing back and closing down - but that should have prompted a change from the management team - but again it seemed that we cannot change things around.

It has been stated earlier but I will echo the sentiment: We lack a leader on the pitch - needed even more given the seeming lack of direction from off it.