Comfort Zone

I lost count today the amount of times we missed a easy pass, took a touch to many, or didn't move the ball quick enough. (Not to mention derbyshire's back pass) There was certainly lots of effort , we huffed and puffed, but in reality created very little. An at the back we have a collection of individually good defenders who struggle to play as a cohesive unit. Sound familar?

All the players come out nearly every day saying the spirit is amazing, dickov is amazing, they clearly get on -an to a degree that is a massive problem. Where is the line between manager/best pal? Far to many of players are in a comfort zone. They don't fear dickov, and we lack real leadership both on and off pitch. Indivdually and collectively the team has a real look of 'it's someone else's fault'

Sadly, until that changes we're gonna see much more of the same. (maybe with a win or two once in a while)

Who do we bring in? For me it has to be an old school manager who will draw that line, a disciplinarian who is not afraid to rock the boat - for me it has to be Peter Reid, however I think we'll limp along until Donny knock us out of the FA Cup I can't believe people were clapping that brainless :censored: off the pitch yesterday more reasons why we'll forever be mediocre

-

Am sorry I just don't buy players don't try. They pushed hard yesterday. Granted it all amounted to little, in terms of goal attempts due to craft. Currently we are playing with two wingers and our entire game seems to be get the ball out wide and attack that way or we go long punt. The problem for me is we are just not fast enough to get the ball out wide, giving the wide man chance to run at the oppo and have the oppo running back toward their goal. Thus creating openings for the forwards or confusion amongst the oppo. Instead they are all stood ready in defence with two banks of defence. The long punt won't work with Derbyshire and Baxter, they are just not tall enough for that game.

The answer is to either get it out wide faster and attack down the flanks with speed or mix it up by passing through midfield and sliding the ball along the deck down the channels for the forwards and running on midfielders.

There's trying and there's brainless football and tactics that won't see us score all day, that's what we see - especially when our manager instead of coaching from the sideline prefers arguing with officials! Said it all when our infield leader took the :censored: out clause every time yesterday instead of pushing us on at every opportunity - That last 20 minutes Furman was hiding in front of the back 4 that was ridiculous. The effort may be there but we huff and puff and the away keepers have made 1 save in over 180 minutes this week - I ain't clapping that, it's predictable sideways :censored:e!

Who do we bring in? For me it has to be an old school manager who will draw that line, a disciplinarian who is not afraid to rock the boat - for me it has to be Peter Reid, however I think we'll limp along until Donny knock us out of the FA Cup I can't believe people were clapping that brainless :censored: off the pitch yesterday more reasons why we'll forever be mediocre

-

So if we start booing we will eventully become world beaters? I thought we were where we are because of poor crowds, bad management both past and present, no income other than said poor crowds, lack of real money to spend on squad, the three stands and many other things. Oldham is a club with 3500 season ticket holders, a town on it's arse and a club that's following suit which is usually the case.

But if it we're poor because a fans clap the players off the pitch, then we should be able to put it right soon seeing as some are already starting to boo.

Fon Williams made a tremendous first half save from Montaño yesterday, in addition to the M'Changama effort. Unless I'm mistaken and a deflection took it over.

You aren't mistaken he tipped it over. Add in the decent save Carson made from a Baxter shot on Tuesday and it's 3 saves (at least).

It's possible 3 saves is more than the Leeds keeper made yesterday, as Watford had 8 shots on target. Watford scored 6 goals. I'd take the opposition keepers making 3 saves in 180 minutes if we scored 6 goals in those 180 minutes.

I can see what Prozac is saying but its not IMHO a good stat to use to show how we under-performed in the past 2 games as if we score their keeper hasn't made the required number of saves. As demonstrated by Prozac's initially wrong stat of saying the opposition keepers made 1 save in 180 minutes as we scored 1 in those 180 minutes.

It's not a lack of effort it's a lack of application. I've heard some comments wondering why Tranmere were up at the top saying they're not very good but the reason why they were up there is that yesterday is that they got the basics right, they won the 2nd balls, the only time they actually "hoofed" it yesterday it went straight to someone in a yellow shirt, their players were much more versatile when not in possession what the Italians like to call shrinking the pitch and they marked up at set-pieces. I've seen it too many times this season when we've competed with the opposition but lacked that little bit of extra application to win the Football match.

It's not a lack of effort it's a lack of application. I've heard some comments wondering why Tranmere were up at the top saying they're not very good but the reason why they were up there is that yesterday is that they got the basics right, they won the 2nd balls, the only time they actually "hoofed" it yesterday it went straight to someone in a yellow shirt, their players were much more versatile when not in possession what the Italians like to call shrinking the pitch and they marked up at set-pieces. I've seen it too many times this season when we've competed with the opposition but lacked that little bit of extra application to win the Football match.

Not sure how to highlight,

but the start of the top line is exactly my point. I'm not saying they don't try or want to try. However a lot more often than not our effort ends in performance's like yesterday.

Tried hard.

Lost.

Again.