ibrahimovic

I'm in a minority but I don't think it was that special, if Hart was in the 6 yard box it would have been saved easily, as Hart was out of his box (literally!) all Zlatan had to do was get it on target. I appreciate the skill involved in doing that alone, I couldn't do it and we've all seen enough players who couldn't do it but Zlatan is a talented footballer and that is the kind of thing these players do. If I recall Rooney's overhead kick again against Hart correctly it was a better goal for me. Firstly it was in a more important game and hadn't been made easier by the keeper going walkabout, even though it came of Rooney's shin rather than the sweet connection Zlatan got last night I still think it is a better goal.

I've never rated Zlatan and 4 goals in a meaningless friendly against an experimental England side hasn't changed my opinion. Cracking strike for the 4th but he doesn't do enough for me.

I've never rated Zlatan and 4 goals in a meaningless friendly against an experimental England side hasn't changed my opinion. Cracking strike for the 4th but he doesn't do enough for me.

He also scored 28 in 32 for Milan and has 10 in 10 for PSG... not exactly a mug!

I'd fancy my chances of filling my boots in either of those teams. Andy Cole scored lots of goals, good player, Le Tissier same, Cisse (the one Liverpool had, tendency to break his legs) he has scored a few too but I wouldn't say any of them are top, top players Brian. I've just plucked these at random, better and worse players are available.

Not a great goal? Yeah. I think he didn't even mean it.

The amazing thing is he's got that split second to think about it while the ball is in the air. 99% of players would have played the percentages (as Zlatan himself probably does 99% of the time). You take the ball down turn and shoot or pass. It's right up there with the best goals ever scored not because no one else could do it, but because only Zlatan with a hatrick already in the bag would ever take it on.

I'm yet to see or hear anyone say that.

Here:

I'm in a minority but I don't think it was that special

Also...

The one he took on his chest and volleyed wasn't exactly shabby either. Mind you, I've been telling people for years how massively over-rated he is.

Am I the only one who likes him?

Not a great goal? Yeah. I think he didn't even mean it.

The amazing thing is he's got that split second to think about it while the ball is in the air. 99% of players would have played the percentages (as Zlatan himself probably does 99% of the time). You take the ball down turn and shoot or pass. It's right up there with the best goals ever scored not because no one else could do it, but because only Zlatan with a hatrick already in the bag would ever take it on.

I would say the other way round, you have a hat trick, its the last minute, you've won, no pressure = why not!!! Had he done it at 1-2 or 2-2 in a competitive match, then fair play...

I have done, dick'ed. Brought in Darrius Heyward-Bey from free agency, they've got a decent matchup against a turd Saints D and Carson Palmer is putting up numbers galore this season. Didn't fancy Stevie Johnson, he's not really been producing at all.

No such luck on the RB front though, gonna have to hope that Leshoure rips off a 100yd TD run.

Am I the only one who likes him?

No I think he is awesome, he's got skills, pace, height and power, he is almost the complete player. Although, like many others with those sort of attributes, he is definately a player that has to be the main man at whatever club he is at. I think that is why no-one has bought him in England as the only teams that can afford to do so are those where he isn't going to be the main man.

Yes Hart shouldn't be there, but it he hits it on the volley, running away from it having to generate the power with a defender running back to stop it and it goes in without bouncing.

Anyone who says it "isn't that great" doesn't appreciate the skill and power involved.

Incredible goal.

No I think he is awesome, he's got skills, pace, height and power, he is almost the complete player. Although, like many others with those sort of attributes, he is definately a player that has to be the main man at whatever club he is at. I think that is why no-one has bought him in England as the only teams that can afford to do so are those where he isn't going to be the main man.

I'm not sure the 'main man' thing is that true.... there's lots of quotes from him like the "...only one Zlatan..." and "...training starts when I say so..." which are taken out of context, when you actually see him interviewed he's laughing when he says that - just a dry/sarcastic sense of humor.

I'm not sure the 'main man' thing is that true.... there's lots of quotes from him like the "...only one Zlatan..." and "...training starts when I say so..." which are taken out of context, when you actually see him interviewed he's laughing when he says that - just a dry/sarcastic sense of humor.

It might not be but I think it's why he is yet to play in England, although I think eventually he might. He was signed for a ridiculous sum of money by Barca and a year later he was out on loan and Barca, who had massive money problems at the time sold him at a substantial loss. He was never going to be the main man at Barca and IMHO it showed in his performances.