Tuesday - MUST WIN?

Which is understandable from his point of view but what about us fans who yet again don't have fack all to look forward too?

Hope the replacement will get them playing good football consistently with good results which will move us up the table..

Getting knocked outta the cup doesn't mean you have fack all to look forward to. There will be 20+ games left of the season, plenty to look forward to..

Hope the replacement will get them playing good football consistently with good results which will move us up the table..

Getting knocked outta the cup doesn't mean you have fack all to look forward to. There will be 20+ games left of the season, plenty to look forward to..

Maybe just me mate but I don't look forward to 20+ games of gutless performances which is usually the case.

He'll resign if we lose at Hartlepool.

If he takes us down it will be much harder to get his next job than if he walks and then blags another club that it was down to no money, public spat with chairman etc... And despite that he got us to northern final of JPT, 3rd round of cup etc...

A relegation would make it much harder for him to get back in.

Edited by HarryBosch

Why is it I if get sacked or resigned I would get nothing, but football managers get rewards for failure ?

If PD resigned he'd get nothing. If you got made redundant you'd get statutory severance pay (at a minimum, you might get more depending on your employer).

If you got sacked e.g. for negligence, gross misconduct, gross incompetence then you'd get nothing. How on earth do you prove that for a football manager though?

I agree its bloody ridiculous that poorly performing managers get big pay-offs but I suspect its cheaper to do that than go through a legal process of appeal after appeal to prove to a tribunal that he was incompetent.

I don't think tomorrow's a must-win for PD. Like others have said I think he'll get until the cup game.

I've always been pro-PD and would wish him well if he was to go but I do think its now time to change. The ridiculous thing is, I would't be surprised if he did somehow turn it round and we went on a 10 game unbeaten run. I don't think it will happen but it wouldn't shock me - the team is good enough.

Edited by bossrocks

Season starts on a Tuesday in November ...........you couldn't make it up could you ?

How come everyone else apart from us and Hartlepool started in August.

So what have we been paying for so far.

He is just trying to change the attitude of the players I guess.

Bit like turning over a new leaf.

I dont think for one minute he really believes that this is the start, he is just trying to change it.