Once again it was the players fault!

What I wonder do they do in their training which is so difficult to put into practice on the field of play. Simpson is a case in point. He doesn't lack effort but the end result just has not happened this season (this year). We have all watched games where the whole team is playing a long ball game when we know this only suits us when Smith is on (and PD doesn't rate him enough to start). Did they all decide to play the long ball against the wishes of the manager? I don't buy it. We have 17 points from 17 games. In the previous 23 we got 24 points. The team has been playing to a relegation standard all year. No wonder their confidence is so brittle. Whatever it is they are told to do it is not working. The manager must take full responsibility.

What I wonder do they do in their training which is so difficult to put into practice on the field of play. Simpson is a case in point. He doesn't lack effort but the end result just has not happened this season (this year). We have all watched games where the whole team is playing a long ball game when we know this only suits us when Smith is on (and PD doesn't rate him enough to start). Did they all decide to play the long ball against the wishes of the manager? I don't buy it. We have 17 points from 17 games. In the previous 23 we got 24 points. The team has been playing to a relegation standard all year. No wonder their confidence is so brittle. Whatever it is they are told to do it is not working. The manager must take full responsibility.

Apparently this is the worst start we've had in the last 8 seasons. With second half of the season syndrome to come we'll be lucky to hit the 46 point haul our current trend suggests!

What I wonder do they do in their training which is so difficult to put into practice on the field of play. Simpson is a case in point. He doesn't lack effort but the end result just has not happened this season (this year).

I reckon with Simpson, he needs to build an understanding with someone. Obviously he had that with Kuqi and we looked good, but then he had injuries etc in second half of season and we was just crap as a team. Pre-season he looked good after a few games with that portuguese lad and they looked dangerous. But then we couldn't afford him and back to square one, and now he's in and out of the team not in normal position etc.. Think we could see the best of him after January, if Baxter leaves therefore be in his better position of CAM, and he has a regular partner upfront.