Once again it was the players fault!

so the players are not at fault at all after a 4-1 loss?

im quite sure he didnt tell them to do that

im sterting to think its time for a change but you cannot blame one without the other

the blame will lie with PD as he is the boss but the players need to look at themselves big time!!!!

From watching the home games and the mess at Carlisle I don't think the players go out there with a 'can't be bothered attitude'. They want to win as much as we want them to win. It is team selection, motivation and tactics, especially tactics that are wrong and these are all down to PD. So I don't blame the players I blame the coach.

From watching the home games and the mess at Carlisle I don't think the players go out there with a 'can't be bothered attitude'. They want to win as much as we want them to win. It is team selection, motivation and tactics, especially tactics that are wrong and these are all down to PD. So I don't blame the players I blame the coach.

The gaffer could say the best speech in the world but at the end of the day he is not the one who goes out on the pitch and plays. The players do. So yes it's their fault too.

I bet they get the day off today, after yesterdays debacle I'd have them all in for a full training session. But this won't happen because PD is too soft with them. We need a manager who won't take any crap.

"Early morning recovery session" Reece Wabara tweeted. I don't know whether that's at the club or just some exercises he is doing at home. By the sounds of it, it doesn't sound to vigorous and demanding though.

"Early morning recovery session" Reece Wabara tweeted. I don't know whether that's at the club or just some exercises he is doing at home. By the sounds of it, it doesn't sound to vigorous and demanding though.

Could be a breakfast cocktail he made up, to cure a hangover, because we all needed a drink after that showing yesterday.

I think its at the club because Millar tweeted something similar. You don't want to be doing anything too vigorous the day after a game. Especially one that required a 6 hour or so coach journey to get home. That is a pretty good way to pick up injuries.

The gaffer could say the best speech in the world but at the end of the day he is not the one who goes out on the pitch and plays. The players do. So yes it's their fault too.

Disagree I'm afraid. How can all the players decide that they are not really up for it? Do they have a meeting amongst themselves and agree to not be bothered today? Of course not. It's the managers job to motivate them, more so when they are plating a team they are expected to win. The players may however think the tactics are wrong, but stick to them anyway. They then get fed up because they know what they are being told doesn't work.

If the players mentioned previously are allowed to play the way they were playing before our management team got at them, the football being produced would be far more entertaining to watch, and we would be winning more games.

I see what your saying al but the manager can only do so much. Maybe because PD is too soft with them they think they can relax and take their place for granted. Hence not looking over their shoulder and being afraid of being dropped. The players are the ones who get the results. The players are the ones who score and keep clean sheets. The manager is not the one who is out on the pitch. It's the managers fault AND the players. Who is more at fault is to be questioned but BOTH are at fault.

Also sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say the other team are just too good.

Disagree I'm afraid. How can all the players decide that they are not really up for it? Do they have a meeting amongst themselves and agree to not be bothered today? Of course not.

And the manager turns round to them and says don't bother? Good players can get themselves up for it. Ofcourse the manager has to motivate them. But if anyone thinks that all our problems are down to the manager alone is being naive 15 years in league 1 and 9 different managers and lets face it its league 1 at best for sometime to come yet.

We build the stand plus the add ons and maybe we can start to move forward but until then we are going to have a few more lean years.

I would of had them training last night after no effort showed yesterday plus making them do the bleep test to make sure they had a recovery session for today

I was in the JJb gym one Sunday evening when Brian Noble brought the Wigan Rugby team in for extra training on the way back from Yorkshire after they had been thrashed. Thats the way to do it

Both the manager and players are at fault. At the end of the day we have good players which should supply good results but they don't so the other alternative is get rid of the manager and replace him with a different type of manager, one that the players will look up to and play well under.

I bet they get the day off today, after yesterdays debacle I'd have them all in for a full training session. But this won't happen because PD is too soft with them. We need a manager who won't take any crap.

Players in for training Sunday and Monday, according to the OS today:

Furman admitted everybody was down yesterday when the players reported for training.

He said: "We will have a good training session today and try to put a smile back on everybody's faces and be ready for tomorrow.

http://www.oldhamath...man-495506.aspx

so the players are not at fault at all after a 4-1 loss?

im quite sure he didnt tell them to do that

im sterting to think its time for a change but you cannot blame one without the other

the blame will lie with PD as he is the boss but the players need to look at themselves big time!!!!

Sums it up perfectly for me.

At the start of the second half it was obvious that Bournemouth had stepped up their game - they played with a far greater tempo and speed on and off the ball and we simply did not react.

It was a shocking response from the the players on the pitch - no leadership, no fight - we simply rolled over and gave up.

Poor performances from both full backs, both wingers, both central midfield, both strikers and both central defenders.

That just leaves Bouzanis and he wasn't on his best form either...

A special mention for our three loanees:

Baxter - sees the game well and spots the pass early - unfortunately failed to deliver on most occasions.

Derbyshire - he received poor service from the midfield and from out wide - but still a very anonymous performance

Wabara - great athlete - poor defender

Add to the above the woeful wing play and a lack of fight across the park and I can see why we are bottom four.

But the biggest disappointment is and continues to be Grounds - simply not technically good enough even for this level - it is blatantly obvious why Middlebrough let him go.

All in all an away day to forget.

Sums it up perfectly for me.

At the start of the second half it was obvious that Bournemouth had stepped up their game - they played with a far greater tempo and speed on and off the ball and we simply did not react.

It was a shocking response from the the players on the pitch - no leadership, no fight - we simply rolled over and gave up.

Poor performances from both full backs, both wingers, both central midfield, both strikers and both central defenders.

That just leaves Bouzanis and he wasn't on his best form either...

A special mention for our three loanees:

Baxter - sees the game well and spots the pass early - unfortunately failed to deliver on most occasions.

Derbyshire - he received poor service from the midfield and from out wide - but still a very anonymous performance

Wabara - great athlete - poor defender

Add to the above the woeful wing play and a lack of fight across the park and I can see why we are bottom four.

But the biggest disappointment is and continues to be Grounds - simply not technically good enough even for this level - it is blatantly obvious why Middlebrough let him go.

All in all an away day to forget.

Disagree there. I think, after a so-so start; he's been very assured and solid. I think he's what he is - namely a League One left back.